80's Movies like Predator or Aliens Today?

Suppose movies like Predator, T2 and Aliens were made and released today instead of 30 years ago. How would it do today?

Kids are fucking retards nowadays.

They would never appreciate what we had

Aliens would kill it at the movies today. Action, humor, strong female leads. Shit would make a fortune. 

The pussy jokes in Predator would trigger people today.

My wife's pussy is as big as a house...big as a house...

Who plays those characters though? Maybe can switch The Rock for Arnold, but who plays the rest of the cast. There's no "manly" actors out there at least not in the '80s sense.

LikeH2O - Who plays those characters though? Maybe can switch The Rock for Arnold, but who plays the rest of the cast. There's no "manly" actors out there at least not in the '80s sense.

Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, duh

They do fine. They're original (well T2) but they aren't reboots or pieces of shit we've been getting. John wick seems good but already you can see they're going to milk the shit out of it 

Mac: Well, the big deal, Dennis, is that I wasn't even consulted on the decision, okay? And this is a big deal to me, as well. It's also my night. Plus, Transporter 2? We haven't seen Transporter 1 which means we'll be completely lost

Dennis: I doubt it.

Mac: Plus, Jason Statham's physique is nothing like the line-up in Predator.

Dennis: Okay, will you stop? I don't want to have conversations anymore about dudes' physiques and whether they can...

Mac: Dennis, in body mass alone...

Dennis: That's what I was trying to avoid. A conversation about body mass, okay? We've had that conversation five times a day for the last month because we keep watching Predator and all you talk about is Weathers and Jesse "The Body" Ventura and how many pounds they can pack on...

Mac: It's important to pack on mass. You're talking about carbo-loading.

T2 would be easy to cast.

Jacob Trembely, the kid from The Room as John Connor

Either Jessica Biel or Uma Thurman as Sarah Connor. You need an actress that is not only physical, but also a little bit older than your standard Hollywood actress.

Rock obviously plays Arnie's role.

Robert Patrick's role is the hard one to fill. The key though is you need a guy that looks like a cop.

Nitecrawler -

Aliens would kill it at the movies today. Action, humor, strong female leads. Shit would make a fortune. 

One of my favorites. I have a box set that I bought for pre watching Prometheus.

That said, Aliens is too slow for today. People would say it's boring. Retards.

LikeH2O - Who plays those characters though? Maybe can switch The Rock for Arnold, but who plays the rest of the cast. There's no "manly" actors out there at least not in the '80s sense.

I like the rock be he is never pulling off that role in a million years.

T2 and Arnold's role in it are too iconic. Same with Conan, and Sly with Rambo, Rocky. Also Swayze with Roadhouse and Point Break.

You'd have to completely erase those movies for them to make sense. Otherwise they'd be lined up against the originals each and every time, meaning they're doomed to fail.

In today's PC environment, everything that made those movies legendary - especially the dialogue - would be hacked to shit until it was a pathetic shell of its former self.

same as the expendables.

tonberry - T2 and Arnold's role in it are too iconic. Same with Conan, and Sly with Rambo, Rocky. Also Swayze with Roadhouse and Point Break.

You'd have to completely erase those movies for them to make sense. Otherwise they'd be lined up against the originals each and every time, meaning they're doomed to fail.

In today's PC environment, everything that made those movies legendary - especially the dialogue - would be hacked to shit until it was a pathetic shell of its former self.

Thats all folks. Bravo.

I just saw a preview for another movie today about an alien in space, can't recall the name.  Looked like it could be decent

tonberry - T2 and Arnold's role in it are too iconic. Same with Conan, and Sly with Rambo, Rocky. Also Swayze with Roadhouse and Point Break.

Well, I read that they may make a new Rambo with a young actor. I hope they just rip off the script and call it something else.

There's nothing about the dialogue or the violence of those movies that today's society would find objectionable. 

Lol, there was nothing "un-PC" about the dialogue from any of those flicks. The closest you get is Blaine from Predator dropping a "faggot" comment or Shane Black talking about how big his wife's pussy is.

That said, there's no real action stars today like those from the 80s, that's for sure

The closest thing is probably the Expendable and Fast and Furious series.