80yr old man shoots pregnant burglar.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-shot-burglar-pregnant-24704576

Not sure how I feel about this, but OLd man is a bad motherfucker. Phone Post 3.0

He returned home shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday to find the pair in his home. Both suspects attacked him, hitting him with their fists and ultimately "body slamming" him to the floor, breaking his collar bone, McDonnell said.

Miller continued to hit him, McDonnell said, while Adams moved to a safe and began trying to pry it open.

Pregnant or not, I'd let the old man go free.

Agreed. Just sad if she was pregnant. I probably couldn't do it, but I don't blame him for doing it.

She prob wasnt pregnant though. Lying stealing bitch. Phone Post 3.0

The fact that she is pregnant is a complete non issue. If anything it speaks to her propensity for making poor decisions. It wss only mentioned to make the reader feel sympathy. Phone Post 3.0

happened right down my street

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=2&thread=2347465&page=1&pc=65

I have no problem with what the guy did.

But the other burglar gets charged with murder over it? wtf?

Sucks for the baby, if real, but fuck her 

It's obviously going to be touchy side she is pregnant, but she did herself into that position..should leave him be. Phone Post 3.0

Fucking auto correct Phone Post 3.0

"The lady didn't run as fast as the man, so I shot her in the back twice," Greer told the TV station. "She's dead ... but he got away... Prosecutors will have to determine whether chasing after the suspects and firing on them outside the home goes beyond self-defense, McDonnell said."

Could be argued not self-defense.

"It will be up to the district attorney to decide whether to charge Greer with a crime, the chief said. Under California law, homeowners can defend themselves if they are in "imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death," he said."

But since he was being seriously beaten, as well as robbed, I think it could also be argued that he feared for his life, and was caught in the moment.

80 year old man should go free.

Insert MattSerra.gif

Doesn't sound like self defense if he was able to chase them outside and fire, but I still think he did ok. Phone Post 3.0

-FC- -
McBottery -

If you and a buddy commit a crime and he dies during you will be charged with his murder. Phone Post 3.0
paging matt serra Phone Post 3.0

McBottery -

Felony Murder. GREAT law. Phone Post 3.0

-FC- -
McBottery -

If you and a buddy commit a crime and he dies during you will be charged with his murder. Phone Post 3.0
If anyone dies. A cop. Your buddy. A witness sees it and has a heart attack etc. Phone Post 3.0

-FC- -
McBottery -

This. A death occurring while committing a felony will get you charged with murder.

It doesn't really fall under the definition of murder, but it is what it is. Phone Post 3.0

Sensei Milla 209TT -
-FC- -
McBottery -

This. A death occurring while committing a felony will get you charged with murder.

It doesn't really fall under the definition of murder, but it is what it is. Phone Post 3.0
Not all felonies though; just inherently dangerous ones. burglary, arson, rape, robbery, kidnapping etc. Phone Post 3.0

Be interesting to see if the old man gets charged with a crime!

Not knowing the full details or his mental state I can't comment. But fuck it was his 4th time being broken into?

heres the thing. the law states you cant shoot someone in the back while they are running away.

especially if they are running and you chase them outside and shoot them. now youre shooting out of anger.

im not saying its right but thats the facts.

its not self defense once they are leaving you and running away.

youre not the judge. you dont get to decide to kill them.

"She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant — I'm going to have a baby,' and I shot her anyway,"

I applaud that man for taking out the trash. Phone Post 3.0

if he had been robbed and beaten by them before then she wasn't running away, she was just evading him to return and continue with the pillage and plunder