88 Cent Pie Blowing My Fuggin Mind

People dont think the profit be like it is, but it do.

Somebody is making pecan pies so cheaply that Walmart can sell them for 88 cents each at a profit. What the fuck? How much is Walmart paying for these delicious pies? I had one just now and it was 480 calories of deliciousness. 3.25 ounces of pie shell, filling, pecans, cooked in a foil pan and packed in a box. Then shipped out from some old ladies kitchen to my walmarts. Goddamn I say goddamn!

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/87/42/20/0007874220164_500X500.jpg

Not everything walmart sells is at a profit. Retailers have what they call loss leaders. These are the things that get you in the door, or attract your attention to a certain part of the store.

And they are either placed next to higher margin items, or the route you navigate to get to them brings you past higher margin items. Phone Post 3.0

Made in China Phone Post 3.0

slo ko - Not everything walmart sells is at a profit. Retailers have what they call loss leaders. These are the things that get you in the door, or attract your attention to a certain part of the store.

And they are either placed next to higher margin items, or the route you navigate to get to them brings you past higher margin items. Phone Post 3.0
Or in the beverage world. "Loss liters". As in 2L are sold at a loss at 1.10 or less. Phone Post 3.0

Right Hand JO Power - Made in China Phone Post 3.0

BULLSHIT I am looking at the box
product of the USA baby

The secret ingredient is lead paint.

slo ko - Not everything walmart sells is at a profit. Retailers have what they call loss leaders. These are the things that get you in the door, or attract your attention to a certain part of the store.

So they are enticing fat people like me into the store with a delicious 88 cent pie knowing we will also buy a case of diet pepsi?

Cotton - The secret ingredient is lead paint.

Dont care still got fed!

I had two this week and will continue to eat more.

Luncha Libre - 
Right Hand JO Power - Made in China Phone Post 3.0

BULLSHIT I am looking at the box
product of the USA baby

That's the box. Pie is made in china from upcycled manure.

Luncha Libre -
slo ko - Not everything walmart sells is at a profit. Retailers have what they call loss leaders. These are the things that get you in the door, or attract your attention to a certain part of the store.

So they are enticing fat people like me into the store with a delicious 88 cent pie knowing we will also buy a case of diet pepsi?
Yep! And since those pies are for sale in the bakery, you may be enticed to buy high margin baked goods. Phone Post 3.0

slo ko - 
Luncha Libre -

Yep! And since those pies are for sale in the bakery, you may be enticed to buy high margin baked goods. Phone Post 3.0

I will be enticed! I will!

Post a pic of the actual pie next time so i can see this 88 cent masterpiece you speak of !!!

In good faith im voting you up now because i know you will deliver! Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Dirt24d - Post a pic of the actual pie next time so i can see this 88 cent masterpiece you speak of !!!

In good faith im voting you up now because i know you will deliver! Phone Post 3.0

Luncha Libre -
TFK_Dirt24d - Post a pic of the actual pie next time so i can see this 88 cent masterpiece you speak of !!!

You muddafucka you!!

I will hunt you down

And make you suck farts out of my asshole with a straw! Phone Post 3.0

How big of a straw are we talking about?

I never noticed those, but hot damn i want one. Where are they located? Probably bakery, yeah?

Phone Post 3.0

Too Rude - I never noticed those, but hot damn i want one. Where are they located? Probably bakery, yeah?

You know those little free standing 4 sided displays in bakery?
They are on those near donuts - cookies - baked bread.
Lemon, Apple, Pecan, Blueberry, Peach.
Stock the fuck up!

Freeman -

You're right about cheap deals getting people in the door to make bigger purchases.

But I hardly think that's the case with these. I've never seen them advertised and they are not placed next to anything special.

I haven't had the pecan one but the blueberry one I've had a couple times. Good shit.

And even better - heat it up and put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on it!

If you buy that cheap little pie and run over and buy ice cream or whipped cream at better margins, you've accomplished the mission. Phone Post 3.0

slo ko - 
Freeman -

You're right about cheap deals getting people in the door to make bigger purchases.

But I hardly think that's the case with these. I've never seen them advertised and they are not placed next to anything special.

I haven't had the pecan one but the blueberry one I've had a couple times. Good shit.

And even better - heat it up and put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on it!

If you buy that cheap little pie and run over and buy ice cream or whipped cream at better margins, you've accomplished the mission. Phone Post 3.0

Who told you about my mission?
Operation Chocolate Milk was classified.