90's Punk Rock Documentary

http://youtu.be/1P29dSkVc_s

A great watch. I love what John Feldmann (Goldfinger) says about Billie Joe Armstrong near the end. Respect.

Please help with link Blue. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

JoeMimic - Fuck Phone Post 3.0
Lol. Thanks for the effort. Phone Post 3.0

Later

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Subbed

Sound isn't working, what did he say?

PatK -

Sound isn't working, what did he say?

"I really think that Billie Joe Armstrong is the Lennon McCartney of our generation. He is such a prolific songwriter and I think that is first and foremost and everything else with the history that he had growing up where he did and how he brought his band up being who he was. His songs are the most important thing to our music generation"

It's really funny how all of the Epitaph crew and most OG hardcore punkers totally respect Green Day and what they accomplished. I'm sure mainly be they all profited once Longview hit the radio and Tv. Hell I'll admit it.. I'd have no clue who Pennywise/no fx was if it wasn't for me getting a Kerplunk tape from a worker at my local putt putt on 1992. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Early 90's gilman scene was my favorite era of punk.  OpIvy, Crimpshrine, Filth, Blatz, Lookouts, so many good bands came out of that place and time.

dennisv -

Early 90's gilman scene was my favorite era of punk.  OpIvy, Crimpshrine, Filth, Blatz, Lookouts, so many good bands came out of that place and time.

Totally agree. Crazy to think about Tim Armstrong asking BJ Armstrong to be rancids guitarist before Lars started. Bj thought it would be best to stick with his band and declined. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

Bad Religion Suffer is a great album Phone Post 3.0

Is this Tony Hawk narrating?

I'll try to watch anyways lol

Onikage - Is this Tony Hawk narrating?

Maybe not actually after seeing Green Day and Offspring listed as punk bands...

For later Phone Post 3.0

Onikage -
Onikage - Is this Tony Hawk narrating?

Maybe not actually after seeing Green Day and Offspring listed as punk bands...
They cover this type of attitude in the film. "Sell outs and not "real" punk rockers".. Who says you get to say who is punk or not? Watch and learn Phone Post 3.0

Watching it on the big screen! Great find! Phone Post 3.0

For later Phone Post 3.0

Sub. I'm a punk rocker til the day I die. Phone Post 3.0