A 007 for the SJW era?

Cuz the world is clamoring for a black female poly-sexual tranny James Bond...

https://movieweb.com/james-bond-casting-black-gay-woman/

Daniel Craig is portraying 007 in James Bond 25 one last time after swearing that he'd never return to the role, even going as far as to say that he'd rather slit his wrists than play the character again. Speculation about who the next James Bond could be swirled for years until it was finally confirmed that Craig would be stepping in to play 007 one last time. In a new interview, Producer Barbara Broccoli revealed that the next person in line to play James Bond could end up being a woman or even a person of another ethnicity. For now, we have Daniel Craig, but who could be next in line to play the iconic character up on the big screen?

While speaking with the Daily Mail, Barbara Broccoli revealed that the James Bond franchise tries to stay with the times and "push the envelope" while creating something new. And now, it seems that the future is uncertain when Daniel Craig retires from the role in the upcoming, untitled Bond 25 movie. When asked about any potential actors to take over, Broccoli replied that she was extremely happy with Daniel Craig, but admitted that "anything is possible" for the next person in line. She had this to say when asked about the possibility of a woman taking over.

Sir Roger Moore, who died in May at the age of 89, said in 2015, "I have heard people talk about how there should be a lady Bond or a gay Bond." However, Moore didn't agree with the character straying from the white male persona that is synonymous with the iconic character created by author Ian Fleming. Moore contended that he was not trying to offend and instead maintained that he was just thinking about staying true to what Fleming had written. He had this to say.

"But they wouldn't be Bond for the simple reason that wasn't what Ian Fleming wrote. It is not about being homophobic or, for that matter, racist - it is simply about being true to the character."
Idris Elba was the actor rumored to take over for Daniel Craig before he signed back on and many people were excited to see the first person of color portray James Bond. Elba's name was tossed around for over a year, but the Dark Tower actor claims that he was never contacted officially to play the role or even asked to try out. Charlize Theron's name has also been thrown around and she recently starred in a similar role in Atomic Blonde. When asked about playing the first woman 007, Theron said that she would rather see Idris Elba take the part.

Bond 25 is still a year away from hitting theaters, so there's some time to decide who will be playing James Bond next. But, will fans except a woman in the role? Or someone of a different ethnicity or sexual preference? Those questions will be answered when the time comes, but there will ultimately be some kind of controversy no matter who ends up in the role regardless of sex or race. But as Bond producer Barbara Broccoli has said, "anything is possible," which leads us to believe that a change is about to come for the next phase of the 007 character. You can read more about what Barbara Broccoli had to say about a new James Bond via The Daily Mail U.K.

To be fair tho, I think the farthest they'd go this time is to change Bond's ethnicity... Anything more would almost certainly make any movie DOA. And even changing the ethnicity is going to be a problem for many since the character has long been established as a white guy.

But, will fans except a woman in the role? Or someone of a different ethnicity or sexual preference?

Answer: No and No

James Bond is a beacon for everything not sensitive sjw snowflaky nonsense. it would be like Charles Manson leading a boy scout troop.

The 007 franchise turned to crap while the perfect actor, pierce Brosnan, held the role...due to shitty scripts and otherwise crap casting.  I still remember True Lies being accurately described as “ what we hoped for from a Bond movie”.

this latest iteration with Craig has made it a relevant franchise again.  I hope they adapt and remain relevant without losing what is good about bond.

I don't care if they're another race. Female is a tougher sell and would have to be a very different character. Daniel Craig's Bond was definitely a departure from the traditional character so it will be interesting to see what they do. I'm sure you dorks are going to cry no matter how well whoever it is performs though.

Changing ethnicity or gender would just be a cheap ploy that wouldn’t actually make the character relevant or the movie any good.  

Craig’s gritty, modern, less sophisticated Bond who was more commando than chameleon was an inspired direction to take the franchise. 

I’d like to see something else

- Bond as faceless spy.  An Everyman who can blend in anywhere, be anything and moves seemlessly from being a janitor to being in black tie.  

- Retro Bond.  Set firmly in the 1960’s at the height of the Cold War.  Insert Bond into major historical events like the Cuban Missile Crisis.  Do it like the Crown or Mad Men by imagjnjnbwhat happened behind the scenes of the front pages.  

Why does Daniel Craig not want to play Bond anymore?

HotSteppa - Why does Daniel Craig not want to play Bond anymore?
They all get tired of it.

Nonsense 

I would be ok with Idris Elba. Good actor!

sacredhate -

The 007 franchise turned to crap while the perfect actor, pierce Brosnan, held the role...due to shitty scripts and otherwise crap casting.  I still remember True Lies being accurately described as “ what we hoped for from a Bond movie”.

this latest iteration with Craig has made it a relevant franchise again.  I hope they adapt and remain relevant without losing what is good about bond.

Live the movie True Lies. Still holds up very well today

David@accu - I would be ok with Idris Elba. Good actor!

Problem is he is over 50 already. By the time he makes the first movie and it came out, he would be 55+. You really need to get someone mid-thirties to early forties imo. 

HaMMerHouseFAN -

Problem is he is over 50 already. By the time he makes the first movie and it came out, he would be 55+. You really need to get someone mid-thirties to early forties imo. 

He looks young enough. Also, Roger Moore made some in his 50s.

Bond and Proud

I would love to see him in a spinoff, but not as Bond. 

nottheface - 

Changing ethnicity or gender would just be a cheap ploy that wouldn’t actually make the character relevant or the movie any good.  

Craig’s gritty, modern, less sophisticated Bond who was more commando than chameleon was an inspired direction to take the franchise. 

I’d like to see something else

- Bond as faceless spy.  An Everyman who can blend in anywhere, be anything and moves seemlessly from being a janitor to being in black tie.  

- Retro Bond.  Set firmly in the 1960’s at the height of the Cold War.  Insert Bond into major historical events like the Cuban Missile Crisis.  Do it like the Crown or Mad Men by imagjnjnbwhat happened behind the scenes of the front pages.  

Cast Tom Hiddleston. Problem solved. Big bucks waiting to be cashed by the movie-going public!

I'd be fine with a black Bond.  Fuck some lgbtz gimmick though.  Bond chases pussy.  That's what he does.

It wont be a woman, but i'd be pretty surprised if the next Bond is white.

Stache -

I'd be fine with a black Bond.  Fuck some lgbtz gimmick though.  Bond chases pussy.  That's what he does.

What if it's some aggressive bull dyke who bangs a bunch of hos?