A bit less hate for DC recently?

I think Shogun had a way better run at LHW then D.C. I don't understand why D.C. is now the goat of lhws. Shogun did after all become a champ 2 different eras in the best divisions against the best fighters for years.

Too Rude - DC deserves none of the hate he gets. I dont even know how its possible to hate him. He seems like a genuinely good guy. Even during his run ups to the 3 Jones fights, when I was a big Jones fan, I liked DC and kind of wanted him to get the win.

He just got caught in middle of the trainwreck that is Jon Jones. He became the target for all the hate that Jones fans couldnt or wouldnt direct where it really belonged. Its sad that DC will forever have an asterisk next to his name as the guy who only got the belt when Jones imploded, when in truth, hes the champion the fans deserve in the first place.

"He became the target for all the hate that Jones fans couldnt or wouldnt direct where it really belonged."

Well put - hadn't thought of that until now. Nominee for best line of the month on the UG.

I think it's now apparent that Jones believed he could never beat DC w/out PEDs. And if the two were both clean and fought, Black Fedor wins. And this despite JBJ being in his prime at 30 and DC being close to 40.

Kostakio - 
The Sultan - I really appreciate DC
Same here. Not just a good fighter but a good role model in general. Respect.

One of my favorites. Blue collar, all heart and effort as well as skill. Also consider him an excellent announcer.

DC is a bad mother*cker. One of the few fighters with the ability to be a top notch LH and a top notch Heavy.

Great fighter and the best LH on the planet.

People should cheer for him. He’s simply a unique and all time great fighter.

Acidic - 

I think Shogun had a way better run at LHW then D.C. I don't understand why D.C. is now the goat of lhws. Shogun did after all become a champ 2 different eras in the best divisions against the best fighters for years.

Shogun is great and I would probably put him as the #2 LHW ever.

I think some of what separates DC from him is that DC has only "lost" once, and that was to a juiced JBJ, and he still went the distance. And that DC was beating a juiced JBJ in their second fight before getting caught, during a time when most thought JBJ was the GOAT.

Whereas Shogun was finished and pretty badly beat up by JBJ. Also, Shogun being chocked out by Forrest when Rua was only 25 wasn't good.

Love Shogun though, and he's easily one of my favs. Just think DC is definitely the LHW GOAT.

Too Rude - DC deserves none of the hate he gets. I dont even know how its possible to hate him. He seems like a genuinely good guy. Even during his run ups to the 3 Jones fights, when I was a big Jones fan, I liked DC and kind of wanted him to get the win.

He just got caught in middle of the trainwreck that is Jon Jones. He became the target for all the hate that Jones fans couldnt or wouldnt direct where it really belonged. Its sad that DC will forever have an asterisk next to his name as the guy who only got the belt when Jones imploded, when in truth, hes the champion the fans deserve in the first place.

Wow that was well put. Jon Jones very close brother Arthur was busted for PED’s by the NFL. He apologized and was suspended. All we have seen from 2x PED’s failure Jon Jones is excuses. DC pushing 40 years old has gotten the shaft being attached to this train wreck cheater Jones.

No doubt DC is one of the best to ever lace up the 4 oz gloves and is arguably the GOAT. Believe it.

Again. DC is just an amazing fighter.

Dude is like 5’11 and dominates big dudes. Very few fighters have that ability. Most cut to have the size advantage. He doesn’t need the advantage and that makes him unique in this day and age.

Whittaker has the same ability to fighter naturally bigger opponents. Not the norm by any stretch.

I also think DC is charismatic and very good on TV

Big fan of DC and clearly there has been a change. Possibly the combination of being on Fox and in commentary we are getting a glimpse at his personality. 

The bar I was at was 90% DC. 

Hoping this is the case for his last year of his career, champ deserves it.

FrontBroRian - LOL at a "completely juiced to the gills" JBJ, who passed like 7/8 tests leading up to and after the fight. I like how a fighter is always completely juiced to the gills, as if no one has ever used a substance to recover from a workout. Each time they use a PED they're strength increases 200% and they become lightning quick according to the UG.

Oh and Jones beat him the first time when they both were clean (and if you assume Jones was dirty here then assume DC was too). DC cannot and will not ever beat Jones. Jones is better at everything. When those 2 are in a room together, DC knows his place on the pecking order.

Yeah I always liked a line of coke post workout

Oh wait, wrong piss-fail

DC looks too “normal”. The shit he does isn’t normal, but he looks just like your uncle, know what I mean? Stipe kinda has that same problem. There’s nothing “larger than life” about them, to the casual fan that is. Informed fans appreciate the insane amount of work and technique it takes to perform at that level. But the mainstream fans just want shit talking superheroes. It’s sports entertainment after all.

D.C. is an absolute legend.

I meet him in person once, he looked TINY and this was when he was fighting at Heavyweight.

Acidic - 

Shogun won one championship fight in the UFC and lost the next fight. He won the Middleweight Grand Prix in Pride, but was never a champ. DC has won the championship and defended the belt.

No way Shogun is higher up the ladder than DC. I won’t say that DC is the GOAT, but clearly, Shogun isn’t.

Not sure why the hate for dc. I think he’s one of the hardest working, baddest guys to ever be in the UFC. I don’t believe a single fighter on the current roster in any weight class has a shot at beating him.