A dark exchange on which to ruminate

Earlier tonight I was gaming with a kid from Canada. I dont know him very well but I do know he's pretty depressed and has some sort of disease that leaves him offline for days a time.

In one of his many depressive rants in between gaming sessions he is bitching and moaning about how society has let him down. Sometimes it is hard to respond to some of the stuff he says. Usually I am sympathetic and side with him no matter what, just because I know he is going through some rough shit.

This time though, I gave it him straight. I told him bluntly, "Look dude, society doesnt owe you SHIT."

That was a mistake. He goes on to tell me that he has cancer and doesnt think he will live much more than a couple of years. Not only that but he was prescribed antidepressants in his teens and now his dick doesnt work. I couldnt fucking believe that a side effect of almost all fucking antidepressants is dead dick... but apparently it can and does happen.

He then goes on to tell me about HOW society has let him down. How the FDA shouldnt have approved the medication and how his doctor shouldnt have prescribed it to him. He couldnt keep a girlfriend because none of them stayed interested in him once they found out he couldnt fuck even with the help of dick pills.

This shit was depressing the hell out of ME!

Then he fucking uses my own words against me and tells me if society has failed him and doesnt owe him shit then he is done playing by society's rules and that there is nothing stopping him from pulling a "Columbine".

How do you convince someone to be a good citizen and play by society's rules when he feels let down and abandoned by that very society?

I left out the kid's name, real age and real country to respect his privacy so dont worry!

You could probably convince him to off himself at this point

Legalize It -

I left out the kid's name, real age and real country to respect his privacy so dont worry!

We no longer live in a time where threatening to be an active shooter is something that gets the ole privacy pass.  The kid is on mind altering drugs and has a beef with society... those are huge red flags.

occupy_DDF -
Legalize It -

We no longer live in a time where threatening to be an active shooter is something that gets the ole privacy pass.  The kid is on mind altering drugs and has a beef with society... those are huge red flags.

Yeah the only ethical thing to do is drop a dime to the cops and let them investigate 

Sounds like it's medical professionals, rather than society that has let him down, if what he says is correct. 

Regardless of that though, you should definitely be reporting that conversation 

"Then he fucking uses my own words against me and tells me if society has failed him and doesnt owe him shit then he is done playing by society's rules and that there is nothing stopping him from pulling a "Columbine"."

Morals aren't based on society and what he thinks is fair. He needs a bigger picture to understand and derive morals from

Didn't know drugs in Canada were regulated by the fda.

Your original response is correct.

Society doesn't owe him shit.

Stop getting treatment for cancer, stop taking the dead-dick pills, and stop gaming online and WASTING what's left of your fucking life.

Use what little time is left and enjoy whatever you can with a hard dick.

The pills that gave him dead dick broke his heart to pieces. Then society set those pieces on fire. 

Whats his paypal?

Legalize It - 

Canada has about a 20% gun ownership level. Of that maybe 5% are handguns.

You need a permit even to buy ammunition.

As well we have magazine capacity limits of 10 rounds for a magazine designed for a handgun and 5 rounds for a magazine designed for a rifle.

fastnotch331 - Didn't know drugs in Canada were regulated by the fda.

The difference between the two countries can often be weird.

Example.

In Canada, lamasil, used for ringworm, is only available with a doctor's script. In the USA, it is available over the counter. I used to pick up lamasil in Michigan when I would be visiting friends.

In the USA, Tylenol 222s are available by script only and over the counter in Canada. I would often leave my 222s with my friend who had back issues in NY State.

Anyone know of any other weird stuff like this?

As well, items like chocolate taste different here because in Canada we have less additives like wax substitutes etc because the USA FDA requires a longer shelf life so I am told.

In a larger global oddity, people from Canada and the USA are often found to be very cool but people from France are @$$holes

Even if he is just blowing off steam, please report this. It will either stop a possible shooting or wake the guy up about saying stupid shit.