A dying breed of fighter...

Chuck loved to fight. I don't think it was ever really about the money or being a champion for him. He was never the type of guy to wait for months on end to defend his title... The UFC put men in front of him and he dropped them for as long as he could. Even at the end of his career his will to keep fighting couldn't be taken away... LHW GOAT in my opinion. Guys like Chuck, Wandy, BJ... They're few and far between these days.

Blue please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMsNCUFXC2Y Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMsNCUFXC2Y Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post

Mad respect for Chuck. He used to the pull from winning the title to actually try and avenge all of his losses. He was a hell of a fighter.

quick - Mad respect for Chuck. He used to the pull from winning the title to actually try and avenge all of his losses. He was a hell of a fighter.

No doubt man... MMA could use a champion like him now more than ever. Phone Post

Prime Ice Man wasn't really that good a fighter when compared today's fighters. He had those really epic battles w/ Randy and Tito......lol. Phone Post

OP gets VTFU when I get home.

Completely agree. Phone Post

Chucks the man. He was a handful to deal with.

Damn that's s great vid.. We need fighters like the greats.. They are going away.. Slowly.. One by one. I'm not sure the sport will survive without them

The old Guard:
Chuck
BJ
Fedor
Hendo
Shogun
Wand
Vitor
Cro Cop
Tito
Saku
Randleman
Coleman
Andy
Bas

And many more.. Phone Post

MMAologist - Damn that's s great vid.. We need fighters like the greats.. They are going away.. Slowly.. One by one. I'm not sure the sport will survive without them

The old Guard:
Chuck
BJ
Fedor
Hendo
Shogun
Wand
Vitor
Cro Cop
Tito
Saku
Randleman
Coleman
Andy
Bas

That's a great list of fighters! Phone Post

that breed of fighters is dying, but the fight business has changed a lot. I don't like it, but I don't hold it against the fighters that they have had to adapt to the new way.

Need to add Hughes to that list.

ufc98newb - that breed of fighters is dying, but the fight business has changed a lot. I don't like it, but I don't hold it against the fighters that they have had to adapt to the new way.

I agree that things have changed, but when you're a fighter you should always have the will to you know "fight". These elaborate game plans and strategies people are coming up with to win bother me. Chuck would have fought Chael, Machida, and Vitor in the same night if Dana asked him to...lol. Phone Post

Just_Scrap -
MMAologist - Damn that's s great vid.. We need fighters like the greats.. They are going away.. Slowly.. One by one. I'm not sure the sport will survive without them

The old Guard:
Chuck
BJ
Fedor
Hendo
Shogun
Wand
Vitor
Cro Cop
Tito
Saku
Randleman
Coleman
Andy
Bas

That's a great list of fighters! Phone Post

Thanks boss.. Good thread Phone Post

Dookieshoes - Prime Ice Man wasn't really that good a fighter when compared today's fighters. He had those really epic battles w/ Randy and Tito......lol. Phone Post

Comparing fighters like chuck, randy etc to fighters of today (I'm assuming you mean people like jones, wideman, McDonald etc) is a bit dumb IMO. Fighters of today are trained mixed martial artist who have nearly 20 years of sport evolution to look at and learn from. People like chuck had nothing but their one base and MINIMAL knowledge of other disciplines, generally enough to get by.
Fighters like chuck paved the way for today's generation and should be given a shit load of respect, not just looked at as fighters with limited skills Phone Post

There are a few of them still out there, fighters that just love to fight . Lots of greats have been mentioned here's a couple other that would fight anyone, anytime

Kanehara

Kohsaka 

Takahashi

Matsui

Menjivar

Menne

Pele

Bustamante

Suloev

Vovchanchyn

I know Jones turned down the fight, but you also had the top 4 middleweights willing to step up short notice. Even in 8 days. Some guys still have it Phone Post

Chuck made Tito pull the "were friends" white flag...

TTT.