To obtain a license as a PROFESSIONAL JUDGE, REFEREE, TIMEKEEPER OR RINGSIDE DOCTOR you must complete the application, submit it along with two passport size 2" X 2 1/2" photographs, and the additional requirements listed below to the Commission office, when your license is approved by the commission you will be asked to remit the license fee.
It is very important to understand just because you submit all the requirements you are not guaranteed a license. The commission votes to license additional officials when they feel there is a need for more.
|TYPE OF LICENSE|
467.062 - Requirements for license as referee, judge or timekeeper; expiration and renewal of license; system to grade skills of ring officials.
- To qualify for a license as a referee, judge or timekeeper of boxing contests, an applicant must:
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Not have been convicted of a felony or other crime involving turpitude;
- Submit verifications from three persons of his proficiency as a referee, judge or timekeeper, whichever is appropriate; and
- Except as otherwise provided in this section, successfully pass the commission's examination on chapter 467 of NRS and this chapter and successfully complete an internship as established by the commission.
- In lieu of the examination and internship, the commission may accept satisfactory evidence of equivalent qualifications possessed by an applicant who:
- Is currently licensed in another state or country; or
- Formerly held a Nevada license which lapsed in good standing.
- A person holding a current Nevada license or who formerly held a Nevada license which lapsed in good standing may be licensed by the commission without examination or internship to perform an officiating function other than that for which he is or was licensed if the commission determines that he is qualified to perform that function.
- The commission will determine when additional ring officials are needed and when licensing examination for ring officials will be conducted.
- Each license issued pursuant to this section is valid until December 31 of each year. An application for renewal must be submitted to the commission by December 1 of each year accompanied by the appropriate renewal fee. The renewal of a license is not automatic. The commission will consider the applicant's past performance and abilities in evaluating his application for renewal.
- The commission will establish and carry out a system to grade the skills of its ring officials. The commission will notify its licensees of this system upon it establishment. The commission and its staff will consider those grades in its selection of a ring official to participate in an event and in its decision regarding whether to renew the license of such an official.
- The renewal fee:
- For a judge is $50.
- For a timekeeper is $50.
- For a referee is $75.