A Fistful Of Dollars

I was watching this Clint Eastwood movie recently.

And the same two things always drive me crazy....

1-It seems to be that the Baxters only had a front door.  No backdoor. No side door.   Weird.

2-Ramone's fixiation on shooting the heart to be sure of a kill.   With a rifle no less.  WTF?  Never tried a head shot Ramone?   Last scene is dramatic and cool, but come on, after 5 heart shots fail how about one between the eyes?

Solid flick but the worst of the Dollars trilogy. Too shameless of a Yojimbo ripoff and lacking in Lee Van Cleef.

2 Likes

My all-time favorite movie scene:

1 Like

The make up job on Joe really pops on an HD screen lol.

I agree with the finale. But, one head shot would have ended the movie on a real f'n downer.

Yeah..

It's great, but never been my favorite Eastwood western.

e. kaye - 

I was watching this Clint Eastwood movie recently.

And the same two things always drive me crazy....

1-It seems to be that the Baxters only had a front door.  No backdoor. No side door.   Weird.

2-Ramone's fixiation on shooting the heart to be sure of a kill.   With a rifle no less.  WTF?  Never tried a head shot Ramone?   Last scene is dramatic and cool, but come on, after 5 heart shots fail how about one between the eyes?

1. These were fairly low budget movies, which may have played a role, but it is believable that baxters wouldn't have a back door. I was in a small place in Mnatana that only had one door, looked like the bartender and waitress buitl it themselves.

2. Low budget again. It is much easier to do a realistc chest shot than a bullet to the face. Also, multiple shots to the "heart" are more dramatic.

I had a problem with Good Bad and the Ugly.  

When Clint decided to betray his partner, the Ugly, by leaving him out in the middle of nowhere.. what's so "Good" about that?  If he was going to leave him hangin, he should have just left him hanging.

Tomato Can - Solid flick but the worst of the Dollars trilogy. Too shameless of a Yojimbo ripoff and lacking in Lee Van Cleef.

Agreed

I No Kung Foo -

I had a problem with Good Bad and the Ugly.  

When Clint decided to betray his partner, the Ugly, by leaving him out in the middle of nowhere.. what's so "Good" about that?  If he was going to leave him hangin, he should have just left him hanging.

All the characters were shades of gray. Seems to be the norm for your species. The wild west was quite the place.

Are all humans very protective of their mules?

TheBearStare - 

Well..

Would you want to carry your own supplies.

Would get old.. even for a bear.

TheBearStare -

We derive much of our power from our “mules”.

TheBearStare -

Pretty sure Blondie was just looking for a reason.

The mule worked.

Look familiar? (The middle one)