A Look Back - My MMA Photos - 2001-2016

Look at these killers. Their teammate Tim Sylvia took home the heavyweight strap that night too. Maybe the baddest crew ever. Certainly one of the most formidable and accomplished at the time.

I'll be adding some pics from my days photographing MMA, circa 2001-2016. Hopefully they will evoke some emotions from fans of old and new. I'd love to hear your comments and memories.

How badass was this crew?

6 Likes

At UFC 32, Josh Barnett dominated a game Semmy Schilt who was coming off of an impressive liver kick KO of Mark-the-Hammer-Coleman-slayer Pete Williams.

3 Likes

ttt

1 Like

ttt

1 Like

2 pics in 15 years of photography, hard to make a living that way

2 Likes
Barbasol -

2 pics in 15 years of photography, hard to make a living that way

Agreed. I'll be posting more here and there.

2 Likes
Jump Kick -

Look at these killers. Their teammate Tim Sylvia took home the heavyweight strap that night too. Maybe the baddest crew ever. Certainly one of the most formidable and accomplished at the time.

I'll be adding some pics from my days photographing MMA, circa 2001-2016. Hopefully they will evoke some emotions from fans of old and new. I'd love to hear your comments and memories.

I remember reading a chapter of Timmy's book where he said that Hughes and that whole team were complete dicks to him.

1 Like

Ttt

1 Like
touch -
Jump Kick -

I remember reading a chapter of Timmy's book where he said that Hughes and that whole team were complete dicks to him.

I vaguely remember Tim and Jens beefing or not getting along. Almost as if Jens hazed Tim back when Tim joined the squad. Can you imagine Jens Pulver successfully hazing Tim Sylvia in the gym/locker room?

Barnett photo is incredible.

2 Likes

Awesome,  man.  Thank you for sharing 

1 Like

ttt

1 Like
Jump Kick -

At UFC 32, Josh Barnett dominated a game Semmy Schilt who was coming off of an impressive liver kick KO of Mark-the-Hammer-Coleman-slayer Pete Williams.

Jesus Christ the angle on his arm…

1 Like

Ttt

1 Like

Ttt

Cool thread...Anil. 

1 Like

2 Likes

avast say you bad news infection, represent the devil!

1 Like

Damn!  All three pics posted are absolutely amazing!  Ain't no three man squad I'd pick over Jens, Pat and Matt. That's a bad night for anyone who fucked with them!  

1 Like

3 Likes