a new LOW for MAGA?

'They turned holy ground into a battle ground': Clergy members say police expelled them from the grounds of St. John's Episcopal Church for Trump's photo op

Two priests who were at St. John's Episcopal Church in Washington D.C's Lafayette Square say that they and other clergy members were forcibly expelled from church grounds for President Donald Trump's photo op. -----

https://www.businessinsider.com/priests-say-they-were-expelled-from-st-johns-church-for-trump-photo-op-2020-6

Trump reportedly demanded his church photo op because he didn't like being mocked for hiding from protests in a bunker-----

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-church-photo-op-in-fury-at-bunker-mockery-reports-2020-6

13 Likes

Fake news 

6 Likes

Are you asking or is this just your runaway TDS?

1 Like

Yes, this is the most important thing facing our society today.

Please, post more stories of temporary inconveniences that I should be enraged about.

3 Likes

Female priests...LOL

7 Likes

Continued outbreak of TDS. Think it means Trump may be doing something right and/or events are happening that look not so good for liberal-types.

3 Likes

That was one of the lamest publicity stunts ever. Tear gas peaceful protesters and clear the streets so a fake Christian can hold a bible that isn't his in front of a church that he doesn't attend.

8 Likes

Uh oh the left narrative is unraveling. See you in 2024

1 Like

So, now lefties give a flying fuck about Bible-thumpers?

4 Likes

LOL @ a female priest

3 Likes

JimmersonzGlove - That was one of the lamest publicity stunts ever. Tear gas peaceful protesters and clear the streets so a fake Christian can hold a bible that isn't his in front of a church that he doesn't attend.

At this point, if you're out - even in the capacity of a supposed "protester" - you are contributing to the problem.

2 Likes
And Bush was fucking furious when secret service and others refused to let him address the nation and kept him in the air, on air force 1, during 9/11...

Like with Trump, the media mocked Bush, during a crisis and demanded to know where he was. He finally forced the plane to land at some military base with shitty communications. He tried to address the nation from the "Secured Location" but the video feed was shit and everyone attacked him for being a poor leader hiding in a bunker. So he eventually demanded to go back to the White House.

Often times, the President is totally at the mercy of the secret service under these attacks. I remember Cheney said, without any warning, men came into his office and physically carried him by his belt out of his chair and forced him underground. 

I would imagine a good part of Trump's absence was a result of the high-security measures taking place at the White House. I am sure Trump didn't say, "hey, shut down all the lights and communications at the White House..." 
2 Likes

jcblass -
And Bush was fucking furious when secret service and others refused to let him address the nation and kept him in the air, on air force 1, during 9/11...

Like with Trump, the media mocked Bush, during a crisis and demanded to know where he was. He finally forced the plane to land at some military base with shitty communications. He tried to address the nation from the "Secured Location" but the video feed was shit and everyone attacked him for being a poor leader hiding in a bunker. So he eventually demanded to go back to the White House.

Often times, the President is totally at the mercy of the secret service under these attacks. I remember Cheney said, without any warning, men came into his office and physically carried him by his belt out of his chair and forced him underground. 

I would imagine a good part of Trump's absence was a result of the high-security measures taking place at the White House. I am sure Trump didn't say, "hey, shut down all the lights and communications at the White House..." 

9/11 was a bit different 

HELWIG - 

LOL @ a female priest

Exactly. How the fuck is a female priest supposed to rape alter boys? That's a man's job. 

2 Likes

Lesbian "priest" hates Trump? You don't say.

3 Likes

"I'm horrified," Rev. Huber later wrote on Facebook. "Just moments before we were handing out snacks and water. There was some men singing on the steps. People were chanting and peacefully assembling. I left as the National Guard arrived. They sprayed tear gas. I was gone before the rubber bullets. And then the President spoke."-----

https://www.businessinsider.com/priests-say-they-were-expelled-from-st-johns-church-for-trump-photo-op-2020-6

Gabresi told RNS that she and about 20 other clergy members and volunteers from around the area came to the patio of St. John's Lafayette as a "peaceful presence" to hand out water, snacks, hand sanitizer, and medical supplies to protesters.

"Friends, I am ok, but I am, frankly shaken," Rev. Gerbasi said in her Facebook post, explaining that she and other clergy members, along with a team of medics affiliated with the Black Lives Matter Movement, were on the church's patio all day.---

They should have asked shit for brains for his favorite bible verse.

2 Likes

"The police in their riot gear were literally walking onto the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with these metal shields, pushing people off the patio and driving them back. People were running at us as the police advanced toward us from the other side of the patio," Gabresi wrote, adding that she and the medical volunteers grabbed as many supplies as they could while coughing from the gas and trying to get out of the area.

"We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she added, describing being pushed back "with SO MANY concussion grenades - back to K street."

"I am shaken, not so much by the taste of tear gas and the bit of a cough I still have, but by the fact that that show of force was for a PHOTO OPPORTUNITY," Gabresi wrote. "The patio of St. John's, Lafayette square had been HOLY GROUND today. A place of respite and laughter and water and granola bars and fruit snacks. But that man turned it into a BATTLE GROUND first, and a cheap political stunt second."-----

dchi07 - 
jcblass -

9/11 was a bit different 

The policy isn't though. Secret Service protect the President and Vice President. They don't get much of a say in the process. If there are dumpsters on fire and hundreds of protestors outside the White House and the call is made to move the President, the President gets moved. If he wants to go upstairs to the Rose Garden and give a speech, they won't let him. Cheney talked about this on 9/11, they carried him out of his office. 

Granted 9/11 was different and the Pentagon was attacked, but Monday night was the closest thing we have seen to the white house potentially being attacked/defaced etc...Secret Service don't gamble and unlike the Clintons, Trump doesn't hate the people who protect him, so he complies. 

1 Like