A prayer before dawn (film)

Just saw this and really enjoyed it a lot. Highly recommend it. Here’s the plot and trailer.

Billy Moore (Joe Cole), a British national with a chequered past comes to Thailand with an intent for living well. After finding work as a boxer and stuntman he falls back into drug use, and is charged with possession of stolen goods and a firearm. He is sent to prison in Thailand, where he finds himself quickly caught up in violence unseen in other prisons, and spends his days chasing addiction and the violence that is typical in Thai prison life. With a desperate need to fight again and battle his demons with addiction and himself, he agrees to fight in Muay Thai tournaments to earn his freedom.

In

ttt

Looks pretty corny. to be honest. I’m glad they’re trying to show respect to real Muay Thai, but most of these “true to life” martial arts movies end up depicting the style unrealistically for the sake of cinematic drama and appeal to casuals.

I remember being disappointed that Red Belt had nothing to do with real BJJ. Just like Never Back Down had nothing to do with real MMA, Throw Down had nothing to do with real judo, and Black Belt had nothing to do with real karate.

The movie is a love story in disguise.

Dug it.  Pretty dark.   Most OGers will dig the love story.

I was looking for something to watch tonight. I'll check it out. Thanks OP

EFM -

Dug it.  Pretty dark.   Most OGers will dig the love story.

Lol

Is it on Netflix?

Darth Potato -

Is it on Netflix?

It’s on prime 

Nice will check out

pcuzz - The movie is a love story in disguise.

Out

scourge -
pcuzz - The movie is a love story in disguise.

Out

Nah it’s not the center of the movie bro don’t believe him