"A puppy is like having a kid" - Really dude?

My best buddy and godfather to my two kids met me at the gym today for a quick workout. He has no kids and just got a puppy with his girlfriend. The following conversation ensued.

Buddy - This puppy is killling me. It's like having a kid.

Me - No shit, where's this puppy at?

Buddy - At home.

Me - Who's looking after it?

Buddy - Nobody, why?

Me - Think about it bro.

Buddy - Oh yeah, my bad. 

Conversation over.

Haha. They are a pain in the rear while trying to potty train and house train but nowhere near the level of my three kids. Phone Post 3.0

Don't be too had on him, EVERY couple that buys a puppy thinks it's a kid.
Until they have a kid and figure they no longer have time, the dog can fend for itself in the backyard. Phone Post 3.0

Puppies>kids Phone Post 3.0

You should Miyagi that motherfucker and get him to paint your fence. Phone Post 3.0

Cawsie77andConorTouchedMe - Puppies>kids Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, I coached my puppies baseball and hockey teams everyday last week. ; )

You have never raised English Bulldogs.

its like having a 2 year old for a decade

FingerorMoon - Don't be too had on him, EVERY couple that buys a puppy thinks it's a kid.
Until they have a kid and figure they no longer have time, the dog can fend for itself in the backyard. Phone Post 3.0

Totally agree. It's always amusing when people say this stuff. I do see the parallels though.

I kinda agree with your buddy.  It is somewhat similar, just different level of difficulty.  Raising a pup is like normal level and raising a kid is expert level.

Veegoh -

Oh but I do Veegoh. This beautiful dumb bastard is 14 years old believe it or not.

Phone Post 3.0

They are nothing alike. I like puppies. Phone Post 3.0

That's just so sad. Phone Post 3.0

I love my dog.

But any comparison to a child is asinine and reserved only for the cluelessly childless.

I pity their barren wombs. Phone Post 3.0

While I agree a puppy is nice to practice for a kid. Anyone that says it's the same is wee-ta-did. Phone Post 3.0

It's a great training program for the real thing. 

damn thats a good lookin dog stray.  looks great for 14.  clean face, no tear stains, very little nose crust.  very lucky.

Straydog24 -
Veegoh -

Oh but I do Veegoh. This beautiful dumb bastard is 14 years old believe it or not.

Phone Post 3.0

Congrats on the 14 years. 

Our oldest made it to 12.  We just got a new pup.  Little female born on Easter 

UGCTT_mojodmonky -

damn thats a good lookin dog stray.  looks great for 14.  clean face, no tear stains, very little nose crust.  very lucky.

Thanks brotha. She's definitely a princess. Deaf and dumb but she's a great girl. Still defying the odds.

PeoriaBJJ - While I agree a puppy is nice to practice for a kid. Anyone that says it's the same is wee-ta-did. Phone Post 3.0

Preferable to a kid, imo. 

Just try leaving a kid in the backyard all day with nothing but a bowl of water.  

BubblesNS -
That's just so sad. Phone Post 3.0
Sorry but i fucking hate kids. Phone Post 3.0