A question to Southern Cali OGers

Halloween Horror Nights
(Universal Studios)

Fright Fest
(Six Flags)

Or

Knott's Scary Farm Phone Post 3.0

Gotta take the GF for her bday to one and she's a tough cookie so want to pick the best one of the 3. Phone Post 3.0

I'm pretty sure someone gets knifed every year at six flags,so you can eliminate that one.

Universal throws some serious cash at theirs, so I would assume they are the best at the moment. I only ever did Knott's Scary Farm, and did it for years with the wife, but the last couple of times it was pretty dead, and kinda lame. Got through all the mazes and was home before midnight. Won't do Six Flags because it's in a shit town with a shitty bunch of people. No thanks.

Try to get days as close to Halloween as possible, and shoot for weekends to keep it from being completely dead (no pun intended). Be prepared for plenty of shitheads and annoying scream-ey teenage twats. While in the mazes it's best to try to shield your woman from easily frightened assholes who will try to trample anyone around them. There's a few, how shall we say..."ethnic folk" who try to make the experience miserable for everyone.

That said, they can be a great deal of fun. Spring for the afterhaunt buffet at Knott's if you choose (or if they still do that), and the early admission to map out where you want to go and in what order.

LA Haunted Hayride

Went to Knott's a few years back and had a blast. Gonna try Universal this year. My girlfriend is into the Walking Dead so it should be fun. Phone Post 3.0

Zwingli - I'm pretty sure someone gets knifed every year at six flags,so you can eliminate that one.
Lol. This is true Phone Post 3.0

San Diego here, and dont know. I was told that there is some place around here where you get a paintball gun with 75 loads while zombies chase you.

My gf wants me to take her to one of these.....goddamn it is like $60 and I am a cheapskate

b.d. - Universal throws some serious cash at theirs, so I would assume they are the best at the moment. I only ever did Knott's Scary Farm, and did it for years with the wife, but the last couple of times it was pretty dead, and kinda lame. Got through all the mazes and was home before midnight. Won't do Six Flags because it's in a shit town with a shitty bunch of people. No thanks.

Try to get days as close to Halloween as possible, and shoot for weekends to keep it from being completely dead (no pun intended). Be prepared for plenty of shitheads and annoying scream-ey teenage twats. While in the mazes it's best to try to shield your woman from easily frightened assholes who will try to trample anyone around them. There's a few, how shall we say..."ethnic folk" who try to make the experience miserable for everyone.

That said, they can be a great deal of fun. Spring for the afterhaunt buffet at Knott's if you choose (or if they still do that), and the early admission to map out where you want to go and in what order.
Lol. I'm an "ethnic folk" but I know exactly what you're talking about. They're the reason I don't go to six flags anymore but nah, even my GF can check a bunch of peewees lol. And yeah I checked and they still have the feast, it's called a Boo Fet but screw that price. I'll just feed her back at the momo. Phone Post 3.0

Queen Mary has a cool haunted ship during halloween Phone Post

Universal scared the ahit out of me a few times lol. Knotts just packs there park as much as they can so its not fun. Never tried six flags. I would go with Universal. Have fun. Phone Post 3.0

Zwingli - I'm pretty sure someone gets knifed every year at six flags,so you can eliminate that one.

Lol legit Phone Post

You should eliminate six flags immediately. If youre going strictly for the mazes and special effects do universal. If you want some good rides to go with it then choose knotts. Phone Post

Universal Studio's sounds real good but I think it might just be due to the big famous movie names. Phone Post 3.0

PunkassErnie - Queen Mary has a cool haunted ship during halloween Phone Post
This I've heard to be very true. My brother took his wife there once and got a legit scary vid of some little girl ghost that no one else could see in person. Phone Post 3.0

Universal studios, they got the walking dead stuff Phone Post 3.0

Funny story from Knott's 25th Anniversary Haunt. Waiting in line for one of the mazes (yes, there are some serious lines for the mazes on busy nights) we were out in the open, which means your lady will be monster-bait. She's a short little girl (5ft. 1", tops), so there was a target on her pretty little ass.

And she didn't notice that a short, horrible little thing had slipped into line DIRECTLY behind her. Like, less than an inch away from her. No one would get near the monster behind her, so the line had essentially stopped behind us. This little monster was in lock-step with her, walking when she walked, turning when she turned, etc. She began wondering what all the laughing and screaming was behind her. I should tell you that she wasn't one of those screaming little girls I warned you about, this was one cool little cucumber. Until she turned around to see what the laughing was about and was literally nose-to-nose with some god awful, acid-burned, shrieking clown-thing.

She let out what has been to this day, in all our 20 years together, was the worst, most blood-curdling scream I ever heard from her, that rang in my ears for an hour after. At which point the little monster just casually walked away and disappeared into the mist. I laughed and laughed and she was so shook up we had to actually get out line for her to sit down.

To this day, the high point of any visit ever.

www.socalhalloween.org

ConditJustGSPeedHisPants - 
b.d. - Universal throws some serious cash at theirs, so I would assume they are the best at the moment. I only ever did Knott's Scary Farm, and did it for years with the wife, but the last couple of times it was pretty dead, and kinda lame. Got through all the mazes and was home before midnight. Won't do Six Flags because it's in a shit town with a shitty bunch of people. No thanks.

Lol. I'm an "ethnic folk" but I know exactly what you're talking about. They're the reason I don't go to six flags anymore but nah, even my GF can check a bunch of peewees lol. And yeah I checked and they still have the feast, it's called a Boo Fet but screw that price. I'll just feed her back at the momo. Phone Post 3.0

I can understand that. I'm lucky in that our anniversary falls on the 27th, which means that I did the after haunt dinner and boom, gift and dinner all in one trip.

But yeah, they went full retard with prices. I had a friend who worked the haunt for years and said that Knott's made like 40% of their yearly revenue from the haunts. So prices are only going to get worse.