A question to Southern Cali OGers

I went to Universal Horror nights a few years ago. It was badass...let the movie makers make the haunted houses and see the awesomness. I also paid for the VIP package which allowed my wife and I to traverse the back lot and walk the sets of the most famous movies ever. It so fucking awesome to walk around the pyscho house ect. LOL @ six flags....ghetto as fuck now. Loved it as a kid though. I have heard knots is cool too.

What's everyone talking about in regards to six flags? I moved out of southern California in 1998 but I grew up going to magic mountain and always had good times. Phone Post

Zwingli - I'm pretty sure someone gets knifed every year at six flags,so you can eliminate that one.
This is true!! Avoid Magic Mountain!!!

The best one hands down is Knotts Scary Farm!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Universal .

If u never been to one of these then knotts , best value Phone Post 3.0

Universal>Knotts

Universal is better but don't even think about going without front of the line passes. The wait is 2 hours per maze without them. The Walking Dead mazes are really good. One bad thing is they do not sell any alcohol.

I love Knotts Scary Farm and always have a blast but it's not as scary. The lines are way shorter though. You can walk around drinking beer.

If you're not buying front of the line passes then you should go to Knotts.

RoFu - Universal>Knotts

Universal is better but don't even think about going without front of the line passes. The wait is 2 hours per maze without them. The Walking Dead mazes are really good. One bad thing is they do not sell any alcohol.

I love Knotts Scary Farm and always have a blast but it's not as scary. The lines are way shorter though. You can walk around drinking beer.

Are the front of the line passes at Universal necessary every night or just the weekends? I'm thinking about going this Thursday, but now you've "scared" me. Phone Post 3.0

Negative on Magic Mtn. Cholo infested.

Hahaha thanks for all the input OG.
I'm going with Knotts. Just sounds like more bang for the buck. Phone Post 3.0

b.d. - Funny story from Knott's 25th Anniversary Haunt. Waiting in line for one of the mazes (yes, there are some serious lines for the mazes on busy nights) we were out in the open, which means your lady will be monster-bait. She's a short little girl (5ft. 1", tops), so there was a target on her pretty little ass.

And she didn't notice that a short, horrible little thing had slipped into line DIRECTLY behind her. Like, less than an inch away from her. No one would get near the monster behind her, so the line had essentially stopped behind us. This little monster was in lock-step with her, walking when she walked, turning when she turned, etc. She began wondering what all the laughing and screaming was behind her. I should tell you that she wasn't one of those screaming little girls I warned you about, this was one cool little cucumber. Until she turned around to see what the laughing was about and was literally nose-to-nose with some god awful, acid-burned, shrieking clown-thing.

She let out what has been to this day, in all our 20 years together, was the worst, most blood-curdling scream I ever heard from her, that rang in my ears for an hour after. At which point the little monster just casually walked away and disappeared into the mist. I laughed and laughed and she was so shook up we had to actually get out line for her to sit down.

To this day, the high point of any visit ever.
VU man I'm hoping for the same kinda story. Knotts it is. I want her to be scared to death, the way she acts all hard with me, lol.
Tough love baby!! Lol. Phone Post 3.0

Oh hell yeah. Thanks jinx VU Phone Post 3.0

ConditJustGSPeedHisPants - 
b.d. - Funny story from Knott's 25th Anniversary Haunt. Waiting in line for one of the mazes (yes, there are some serious lines for the mazes on busy nights) we were out in the open, which means your lady will be monster-bait. She's a short little girl (5ft. 1", tops), so there was a target on her pretty little ass.

And she didn't notice that a short, horrible little thing had slipped into line DIRECTLY behind her. Like, less than an inch away from her. No one would get near the monster behind her, so the line had essentially stopped behind us. This little monster was in lock-step with her, walking when she walked, turning when she turned, etc. She began wondering what all the laughing and screaming was behind her. I should tell you that she wasn't one of those screaming little girls I warned you about, this was one cool little cucumber. Until she turned around to see what the laughing was about and was literally nose-to-nose with some god awful, acid-burned, shrieking clown-thing.

She let out what has been to this day, in all our 20 years together, was the worst, most blood-curdling scream I ever heard from her, that rang in my ears for an hour after. At which point the little monster just casually walked away and disappeared into the mist. I laughed and laughed and she was so shook up we had to actually get out line for her to sit down.

To this day, the high point of any visit ever.
VU man I'm hoping for the same kinda story. Knotts it is. I want her to be scared to death, the way she acts all hard with me, lol.
Tough love baby!! Lol. Phone Post 3.0

Wear some dark clothes. And be really protective of her for a couple of mazes. I don't know if they still do the black light polka-dot 3D maze like they had before, but if they do you can casually fade back from her, leaving her unguarded and a sitting duck. I did that once, it was pretty funny.

She'll be scared shitless PDQ. fair warning: Be prepared to be cold-shouldered for a bit after, though.

Skip all of those take her to this and let her go through alone

http://www.blackouthh.com/reviews

shoudawhouda - What's everyone talking about in regards to six flags? I moved out of southern California in 1998 but I grew up going to magic mountain and always had good times. Phone Post
In 1998 I was still in HS and Times haven't changed here. All the little LA gang peewees still group up to show up and invite 1 or 2 Veteranos "just in case"..
I still remember when my Elementary school's graduation party at Six Flags was shot up. TLC was performing and it got shot up... Lol. Phone Post 3.0

Scary farm is a so cal institution. We go every year with a big group. Love that place. Phone Post 3.0

Unverisal is way more expensive , but they have the best mazes. It's not even close. Phone Post 3.0

If you're going to Knott's here's some pro tips from someone who went for over a decade.

-Buy tickets in advance. They'll be a little cheaper and you can pick what day to go. The day of the event they're more and sometimes sold out.

-Get there early for the parking. You don't have to go in right away, but if you don't get there ahead of time you'll be thrown to the "overflow" parking in the lot adjacent to the park that's really just a dirt lot with no security. Get some dinner at Mrs. Knott's or get some drinks at the T.G.I. McChili-bee's chain dump that's right if front.

-Have your woman leave her purse at home or in the trunk out of sight. Too easy to get separated from it in the mayhem that comes from some mazes.

-With that in mind, keep your wallet in your front pocket, and your hand on top of it as much as you can. Every time we went, there were multiple reports of folks being pick-pocketed.

-If you're a person of color, you will get wanded. You have to go through metal detectors and as a beaner I can tell you I got wanded afterwards every fucking time. So if you take a knife like I did, put it in your shoe while still in the car. Your belt buckle will set off the detector and they'll assume that what it was when the wand hits on it. Better safe than sorry, and I had my knife on me every damn trip, never got caught.

-I don't know if they still have Bigfoot Rapids, but if they do, DON'T GO ON IT. It's themed very shitty, and they're not kidding when they say that you'll get wet. I don't know about you but spending the night cold, soaked, and smelling of fetid pond water isn't my idea of a good time. Log ride not so much, but you may get a spritz.

-Food is retardedly overpriced for the haunts. Like, marked up more than usual. If you have to eat in the park, the Fireman's BBQ used to be aces, but I don't know if it's still there.

-The shows are mostly ass, so don't bother. "The Hanging" is okay, or used to be, but standing around for it isn't. If you've never seen it, it's all right, but nothing special.

-Have some cash. When I went, Knott's still was hanging on to 1970's tech in many places, like the fucking parking, and don't take credit cards. You'll need cash.

-Lastly, don't fuck with the monsters in mazes. They can be dicks once in a blue moon, but they have a serious numbers advantage, and will tune you up good and you'll never know who did it. One of my employees used to work for them every year, and they have walkie-talkies, masks, kubatons, and a lot of pent-up frustration. You do the math there. It ain't worth it.

PunkassErnie - Queen Mary has a cool haunted ship during halloween Phone Post
This. And knotts is good too Phone Post 3.0

Kon Thai - 
RoFu - Universal>Knotts

Are the front of the line passes at Universal necessary every night or just the weekends? I'm thinking about going this Thursday, but now you've "scared" me. Phone Post 3.0

Never gone on a Thursday or Sunday. I know those days are a lot less crowded. You might be ok.

I am going tomorrow to knotts.....any OGers gonna be there?

I went to Hollywood horror nights last year and it was awesome! I was told that the "blackout" house is a trip! They make you go through it by yourself. Phone Post 3.0