A Ringside Doctor's Thoughts on Diaz's Cut

Denise - 
IzzysAssOnya - 
Denise - Pics of what?

He's referring to the long held, codified rule of the UG. It's really the only rule this place has.

So, in the spirit of tradition and all things holy; pics of your tits or gtfo 

Why don’t you come on over to Gracie Barra Clearwater or St Pete Brazilian Jiu Jitsu during one of my classes and ask me that in person, Mr. 18er Cheeto Fingers? People like you are why I hardly ever post on this forum. This is an MMA discussion board. I’m a ringside physician and a two stripe BJJ blackbelt who’s probably old enough to be your mother, and I’m just trying to give some of my own personal insight on a discussion topic of mutual interest. So why don’t you grow up or GTFO and let the adults have a reasonable conversation?

–Denise

Your expectations of this place are... how you say... Unrealistic. 

1 Like
Crazy Larry - 
Upperdog - 
williepep - 

In the grand scheme of things I think it is an ok outcome because Nate obviously would have kept fighting.

That area has taken a lot of damage.

It gives Nate a way out of a fight that was not going his way (not saying he wanted that) and sets the stage for another match if that is what is decided. A story a narrative is in place and all was done in the name of safety.

Nate took Jorge’s best shots. The championship rounds is where Nate shines. Jorge looked to be fading while Nate was seemingly picking up ground.

“Fight one more round. When your feet are so tired that you have to shuffle back to the centre of the ring, fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round.”

Denise and Nitin know nothing of these things.

“The championship rounds is where Nate shines”

Nate has had two fights in his career go to the championship rounds and he lost them both.

In fact he has only won a single championship round in his career against Conor.

He has lost 3 out of 4 of the championship rounds he has been in. One in that same Conor fight – the 5th round no less – and rounds 4 and 5 to Bendo.

"Nate took Jorge’s best shots. "

Exactly – that’s why he got wrecked, lost the fight, and had to go to the hospital.

Wow, i looked at his record and yes, the Connor rematch and the Benson title fight are in fact his only 2 5 rounders.

1 Like
The Loge -
Jason -

Thanks for the insight. Try not to let some of the immature people here drive you away. There are plenty of intelligent, educated, well spoken people who just want to talk and learn about MMA. Like most social places, it just the ignorant ones that are the loudest.

Really fuckface?

Awesome. 

I appreciate the OP and post from Denise. Well informed and spot on. The mouth breathers need to be sat out for a spell when they get too loud, though. I miss that Jason. 

Denise - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G - 

Nice Lecture OP. You are obligated to support your cronies and wouldn't want you to say anything negative about the amazing man that is Nitin. Blau Blau Blau. 

The cut was not on his eye lid. It was above the Brow and there was no fear of eye damage. If the cut was on the lid as you stated I would agree.

The doctor wanted to be an attention whore and call the fight. If he let it go, no one knows his name. Now he will get his 15 minutes of fame, money, and opportunities all while robbing Nate Diaz of millions in future earnings.

Thanks for taking the time to defend your buddy but with all due respect and I do mean with all do respect… 

Your opinion regarding “fame, money, and opportunities…” is way off base. It’s actually difficult for the state athletic commissions to get docs to do ringside work because most doctors think combat sports should be illegal. Doctors who do ringside by and large do it because we love the sport and want the fighters to have the best medical care available. Many of us get pressured by colleagues, hospitals, and employers to stop our participation in combat sports because the medical culture feels it is a barbaric bloodsport.

Money and opportunities? Nope. For the two to three hours a typical weigh in takes the night before the fight (four or five hours for a UFC weigh in), the two hours of reviewing and chasing down lab results and medical tests, and the 6-7 hours on fight night (9-12 hours for a UFC), I get paid about what I make for the work of an hour or two in my office. And what opportunities do you think working fights provides for physicians? See the first paragraph.

I’m out of this post. Until next time.

–Denise

PS–I’m a featherweight. Come at me, FrontBro!!

I’m a fan of this post alone.

2 Likes
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

Nice Lecture OP. You are obligated to support your cronies and wouldn't want you to say anything negative about the amazing man that is Nitin. Blau Blau Blau. 

The cut was not on his eye lid. It was above the Brow and there was no fear of eye damage. If the cut was on the lid as you stated I would agree.

The doctor wanted to be an attention whore and call the fight. If he let it go, no one knows his name. Now he will get his 15 minutes of fame, money, and opportunities all while robbing Nate Diaz of millions in future earnings.

Thanks for taking the time to defend your buddy but with all due respect and I do mean with all do respect… 

You’re telling a dr where the cut was and how it was affecting the fighter?

im guessing by your post you haven’t finished high school let alone an undergrad or dr in medicine lol

maybe you should leave the expert opinions to the experts 

and you can tell us the best way to inhale pam from a paper bag to receive the best high 

4 Likes
RockTheVote -

LOL!

What kind of name is Nitin?

2 Likes
touch -

http://www.boxing.com/outside_the_ring_dr._nitin_sethi.html

1 Like

This is among the GOAT threads here, interim BMF belt worthy at minimum

Thank you Dr. Denise, OSS!

I think I've spotted at least two MOD's in this thread...is that a record?! 

3fie -
touch -

http://www.boxing.com/outside_the_ring_dr._nitin_sethi.html

Indian guy? Cool.

1 Like

Good Stoppage. That cut was nasty and Nate was getting mauled

Denise -
IzzysAssOnya - 
Denise - Pics of what?

He's referring to the long held, codified rule of the UG. It's really the only rule this place has.

So, in the spirit of tradition and all things holy; pics of your tits or gtfo 

Why don’t you come on over to Gracie Barra Clearwater or St Pete Brazilian Jiu Jitsu during one of my classes and ask me that in person, Mr. 18er Cheeto Fingers? People like you are why I hardly ever post on this forum. This is an MMA discussion board. I’m a ringside physician and a two stripe BJJ blackbelt who’s probably old enough to be your mother, and I’m just trying to give some of my own personal insight on a discussion topic of mutual interest. So why don’t you grow up or GTFO and let the adults have a reasonable conversation?

–Denise

lol hard pwn

1 Like

If he hadn't screwed up in the past, he would have more leeway. But when you diagnose someone with a broken leg when they didn't have one, your credibility is severely compromised.

1 Like

thank you Denise

1 Like
black89 -

Damn, doesnt look like a bad stop to me

Winston Wolf - 

thank you Denise

jpm995 -

Appreciate the insite from a professional but i've seen fights that looked worse go on and everyone knows how tough Nate is. I realize its a very tough call but the importance of the fight and the fact that Nate was still fighting back and pushing foward made me want to see it go the distance. It's funny you see boxing matches where guys are literally getting killed [im thinking of the Breveort [spelled wrong] fight and nobody saved that poor guy to fights where blood stops the fight. I guess part of the problem is billing a fight as the baddest mf then stopping it on a cut.

The rules are in place to protect the fighters and they don't change just because "its an important fight", "everyone knows how tough he is" or "irs billed as baddest mf". Get out of here with that stupid shit.

It doesnt matter if the fighter wants to continue either. That's the kind of stuff that used to be allowed in sports back in the day. I remember football players getting concussions and going right back into the game because they feel fine and want to keep playing. Then years after they retire and are suffering brain damage from CTE they want to cry about how they were taken advantage of and sue the league for millions. You can't have it both ways.

2 Likes
Wasa-B - 
Crazy Larry - 
Upperdog - 
williepep - 

In the grand scheme of things I think it is an ok outcome because Nate obviously would have kept fighting.

That area has taken a lot of damage.

It gives Nate a way out of a fight that was not going his way (not saying he wanted that) and sets the stage for another match if that is what is decided. A story a narrative is in place and all was done in the name of safety.

Nate took Jorge’s best shots. The championship rounds is where Nate shines. Jorge looked to be fading while Nate was seemingly picking up ground.

“Fight one more round. When your feet are so tired that you have to shuffle back to the centre of the ring, fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round.”

Denise and Nitin know nothing of these things.

“The championship rounds is where Nate shines”

Nate has had two fights in his career go to the championship rounds and he lost them both.

In fact he has only won a single championship round in his career against Conor.

He has lost 3 out of 4 of the championship rounds he has been in. One in that same Conor fight – the 5th round no less – and rounds 4 and 5 to Bendo.

"Nate took Jorge’s best shots. "

Exactly – that’s why he got wrecked, lost the fight, and had to go to the hospital.

Wow, i looked at his record and yes, the Connor rematch and the Benson title fight are in fact his only 2 5 rounders.

I’m just going to go ahead and sit down over there…

Neither Nate, Jorge or the fans in attendance watching worldwide are content. Made evident with the resounding chant of “Bullshit!”

Bullshit!

I can see how a practitioner would call for a stoppage. This was for the just bleed title though. You New York City Nancies dicked it up again.

1 Like
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

How did he rob Nate of future earnings you dumb ass. You really think the doctor wanted to stop that fight and bring a ton of unwanted negative attention to himself? He clearly felt it was needed to stop the fight and that’s why he did.

I didn’t like the stoppage, I was pissed the fight was stopped, I had a nice chunk of change on Diaz to win but that was a nasty cut and I can understand why it was stopped and can accept it without acting like a baby in your case.

Also it’s pieces of shits like you that run professionals with real insight off the board. If you disagree then voice it in a reasonable post, and have a discussion like an adult instead you act like an uneducated piece of trash throwing a fit like a baby because that’s all you know. I’m sure many people on this forum including myself would prefer someone like OP who can offer real insight and knowledge into MMA over an uneducated piece of shit such as yourself who really has nothing to offer.

6 Likes