A Slick Submission Off Of The Leg Weave

In this video I show a very flashy and fun transition into the Triangle off of the Leg Weave.

I really like this move because it can surprise your opponent when they get stagnant in the Leg Weave position. I became very successful with the sweeps off of the Leg Weave series and people started dropping their base and refusing to move. This made some of the sweeps difficult and I had to come up with another option that let me threaten them into moving. This transition was just the threat that I needed.

Keep in mind that it can be a bit tricky transitioning into the Triangle. More often than not the problem lies in tucking your head. The first 3 times I show the technique in this video it can be difficult to see how I'm tucking my head. I did re-film the transition at the end of the video from a better angle so that you can see I transition off of a very high shrimp by tucking my head.

I can make this transition without putting my hand in the armpit, and if you can do it this way that is great! The hand in the armpit did a great job of helping me continue to rotate while in the semi inverted position (hey I'm a big guy and sometimes I need help) as well as maintaining the correct distance so that you dont get crushed by your opponent and you dont stray to far away to actually get the triangle on the other side.

At the beginning of the video I talk about the fact that this can lead to Closed Guard. This is one of the reasons that I really like this position as Closed Guard is my favorite/best place to be. I did not demonstrate this in the video but Closed Guard is easy to get when your opponent freaks out and stretches up and away from the Triangle. When this happens Take the hand that was in the armpit and grab your opponents lapel, let go of your sleeve grip, Pull with your lapel grip and shoot your legs into Closed Guard. It's a pretty easy transition and often your opponent is just happy to be avoiding the Triangle.

for Iphone users.

your videos are awesome. Your leg weave set has helped me a lot. Thank you for the help. I like how they are short but you highlight important details at the end. Great work Phone Post

I have recently started using this, i use it for triangle if the roll under Oman plata fails. Great details. I also use the same technique when the opponent is passing my half guard and they weave their hand around my top leg and hold onto the bottom trouserleg. I strip that grip and roll under :-) good tech, thanks. Phone Post

In Phone Post

Stubbsy - 

I have recently started using this, i use it for triangle if the roll under Oman plata fails. Great details. I also use the same technique when the opponent is passing my half guard and they weave their hand around my top leg and hold onto the bottom trouserleg. I strip that grip and roll under :-) good tech, thanks. Phone Post

this is a really important distinction that people miss.  Most people dont even realize this is the same position (half guard with the hand threaded).