A Suggestion for Sean McCorkle

Please do not be negatively affected by the naysayers. They'd hate on you even if you won. You have nothing to be ashamed about, man. Your real fans realize that you made a mistake and paid for it (it could happen to anyone) but you'll be back and even better next time.

With that said, I think you should drop some weight for your next fight. Maybe come in at 245-250 instead? Is that possible for you, do you think? I think it'd help your speed, stamina, and possibly even your power. Anyway, good luck in the future, homey.

McCorkle doesn't hang out here anymore, go post him a message on Twitter, you'll have a better shot there.

He'll be back though.

Fuck the haters, McOracle is still the king of the UG... and my personal hero!

Eventually, sure.

For some reason McCorklye losing seems to have been treated like an early XMas gift for a strangely high percentage of the social rejects on this forum.

re: your idea, the guy is the size of a house, I imagine making 265 itself is a struggle.  Good point on his stamina.  One reason I liked Struve in the fight last night was because McCorkle was breathing hard as fuck after fighting 1 minute with Mark Hunt. 

he needs to work his cardio. might have been an adrenaline dump but that was crazy how he gassed so quickly

Yeah, exactly. That is why I have a feeling he may be carrying a bit more weight than his body needs.

It wasn't his cardio imo, it was crashing from an adrenaline rush which should surprise absolutely no one considering the circumstances.

I don't see how his weight had anything to do with the loss. If anything it helped him to gain a position where he had an opportunity to finish the fight. I think McCorkle needs to work on his mental game, that's where he lost the fight.

Forssberg - I don't see how his weight had anything to do with the loss. If anything it helped him to gain a position where he had an opportunity to finish the fight. I think McCorkle needs to work on his mental game, that's where he lost the fight.
It did??

I've NEVER been a fan of Sean, but he won me over.  Talking in the prefight conference about hoping he hadn't been knocked out by hunt and was imagining all this in a coma showed his down to earth, one-of-us fan side.  And like others said, he got swept... it happens.  if he had finished the kimura he would be fighting a top 10 HW and everyone would be on his nuts, it was a close fight.

a suggestion for kostakio : get off mccorcles nuts

Still a fan! Rep the UG! Phone Post

Kostakio - 
Forssberg - I don't see how his weight had anything to do with the loss. If anything it helped him to gain a position where he had an opportunity to finish the fight. I think McCorkle needs to work on his mental game, that's where he lost the fight.
It did??

Yes, his weight advantage helped when got the takedown and came close to finishing thereafter.

asbury - a suggestion for kostakio : get off mccorcles nuts
I lol'd.

I thought this thread would be a recommendation to include the deadly art of Yoga into his pedigree.

hahaha Some funny guys here! Phone Post

TTT for McKorkel!  Always a fan!

Master Tang - I thought this thread would be a recommendation to include the deadly art of Yoga into his pedigree.

Core strength and stability

Over the last few years the importance of ‘core stability’ in athletic training and preparation has been increasingly recognized. The ‘core’ refers to the trunk, and core strength comes from the many muscles all around the trunk, some of which are quite deeply buried. A strong core provides body control and allows you to generate maximum power with your arms and legs - it is the foundation upon which the rest of your functional strength is built.

Yoga is the original core stabilizer: one can clearly see that many exercises and techniques of Pilates – another very popular core strengthening regimen - come directly from yoga. Yoga postures are very similar to many of positions that one uses dynamically in grappling. By strengthening the body’s ability to hold these positions in a controlled and safe manner you can then to blast through these position in an all-out dogfight and not injure itself. In addition, yoga tends to strengthen muscles at the limits of their ranges of motion, which is difficult to do with conventional weight training.

Stephan using a bridging motion to escape the mount position

Holding the ‘Bridge’ pose from yoga, a great way to develop flexibility and core strength at the same time.

Bridging is a great example of how important core strength is for grappling. This is a multi-joint movement that uses the strength and flexibility of your torso to the max as you arch your body up to the ceiling. The bridging motion is absolutely central to grappling: it is used to escape from pins, to turnover or sweep an opponent and to put power behind an armbar, anklelock and many other submission holds. If you just use the strength of your arms you are unlikely to successfully finish these locks; put the power of a strong core behind the movement and your opponent will tap almost every time!

Core stability is crucial for injury prevention – anyone who has ever felt the pain of a severe back injury will understand what I am talking about. Most physiotherapists approach back injury rehabilitation with a “stretch and strengthen” approach – yoga is a perfect way to stretch and strengthen your central body.

I think it was struves banshee scream once he entered the cage that did him in IMO.