A UFC reality show?! boooooo

I think this will look eerily similar to WWF/WWE's tough enough series.....

When the UFC was talking about TV, deal  I thought it was going to be used to build up fighters that Joe Silva was complaining that he had no PPV time for?

Im not a fan of reality shows but I will watch this......A show like Friday night fights would have been 100 times better IMO

Arias

I thought Tough Enough was awesome

A reality show is a good idea because it will show what kind of work it takes to be a MMA fighter...and it will show that MMA fighters are regular people...not just the "morons out for blood" stereotype most people have of MMA fighters

Also...there is no reason why the UFC can't still promote it's fighters. They could have a guy like Chuck Liddell make a guest appearance on one espisode to give some striking tips....or have Couture or Hughes show some wrestling tips...or Mir or Serra show some BJJ tips. They could take the aspiring UFC fighters to a UFC event and have them sit in the 1st row to show them what it's all about.

You guys should quit complaining....this is a good thing :)

Its a rip off of "The Contender". This will be a flop. There is already another take off of "The Contender" being hosted by Oscar De la Hoya.

buddie

it's not horrible...but it's far from good.

The UFC has dropped the ball on this.

Don't you think they'd do a Friday Night Fights if they could? They are obviously making the best out of the situation and taking the one viable TV format that they can get and running with it. It's already done. What is complaining about it going to do? This forum is filled with threads pointing out stuff like a submission hold on Queer Eye and touting how "great for the sport" it is, yet this reality show comes along and along with it comes a lot of whining. It's ridiculous. I realize it's really popular to dump on Zuffa/Dana White right now, and that everyone here could run the UFC 10 times better, but this is all we're getting for now in terms of a national show, so why not support it? At the very least quit complaining so much. Or, if you MUST, how bout keeping it to the several other threads? A whole new thread just to bag on it some more is a waste of everyone's time/energy and accomplishes nothing.

"Don't you think they'd do a Friday Night Fights if they could? "

Dont you think they would keep one of the best fighters in the world if they could? (BJ PENN)

Dont you think they should have a champion in evry weight division if they could?

ur giving the UFC too much credit......

I'm sorry for not noticing the other threads....Havent seen them....thank you for a report though

Arias 

It's all speculation at this point,we'll just have to see how it turns out. There are some articulate fighters who carry themselves well and could put on an entertaining and positive segment,but there are a lot of fighters that could really gum up the works,I won't name names. The less it looks like toughman, boxing, or rasslin' the better. If only they'd do a piece on guys like Cotoure or feature a segment on BTT with Sperry and Busta,that type of thing,I suppose it could draw some interest...I guess. People are so fickle and ready to hit that channel change button at a moments' notice. I'm not very optimistic, but hey that's me >:) something good could possibly come out of it... I guess.

Considering it's SPike Tv, it's going to bomb. I mean if it was CBS who knew how to do a reality show, I would be tickled pink. But It's Spike TV which has done 1 reality show in their entire history. And it was pretty damn crappy.

Arias, those things have NOTHING to do with your thread. You made a thread to complain about the show, not BJ Penn, not the belts. I'm not going to pass judgment on BJ Penn because I have NO clue about what actually happened. I hate that he's gone, but I don't know who to blame. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and call Zuffa evil, but I'm not patting them on the back, either. Where did I give them too much credit? I pointed out that they're making lemons out of lemonade with that show. Me pointing out that people bag on Zuffa too much isn't giving Zuffa extra credit, it's stating a fact.

I think its a great idea--- when does it start?

SolitaryZen opened up an enourmous can of the correct.

"Considering it's SPike Tv, it's going to bomb. I mean if it was CBS who knew how to do a reality show, I would be tickled pink. But It's Spike TV which has done 1 reality show in their entire history. And it was pretty damn crappy."

Please wait to make judgements till all details are released. Just because a show is on a certain network doesn't mean the network is the producer of the show.

In fact the networks aren't producers of shows, they are distributors.

You all will be pleasantly surprised when the final details come out.

This is the biggest thing to bring MMA to the mainstream ever. It is great for the sport, & I bet it will be fun to watch.

"A show like Friday night fights would have been 100 times better IMO"

For you, me, and the other 2-3000 people on the UG, sure. Everyone else in the country would not watch it and learn to love the sport anymore than I watch the lumberjack games on ESPN 2 and learn to appreciate that sport.

The reality show format will attract people who don't care about the sport but just like reality tv, and at least some of them will develop an interest in MMA.

"But It's Spike TV which has done 1 reality show in their entire history. And it was pretty damn crappy."

The final episode of Joe Schmo on SpikeTV had 3.5 million viewers. How many viewers does it take for UFC to consider a show staggeringly successful? 200,000? This will generate far more exposure for UFC and MMA than any weekly fighting show could.

HUGE Joe Schmo fan here.

Looking forward to watching MMA (in any format) weekly.

The reality show is a PERFECT idea!

I am not a reality show fan at all but this isa great idea.

you show the fighters training and learning which at the same time educates the public to the shit they don't understand.

that way the ammount of BOOing at the shows should drop when they realise "OH SHIT that guy is goin for armbar!" in stead of "Fuckin fags rollin around together on the floor"

This IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA.

I'm surprised Zuffa even came up with it. As a
matter of fact they probably didn't. If they really had
balls they'd drop Shamrock out of the mix early and
let this show stand on its own. Ken's gonna make
MMA look bad. Bas would be a better trainer
anyway and he has 10X the personality.

Anyway:

1. The show may be great or it may suck. It's too
early to tell.

2. The concept is fantastic. Our sport is still 95% off
the radar. A show like this could get major
coverage if it is interesting.

Go Zuffa! You suck less today.

Cal

I'll watch.

I hate wrestling but loved tough enough. A ufc version would be awesome.

I have yet to figure out why 'reality TV' is so fucking popular.

I thought the whole idea of television was that you could escape reality for a few hours.

The last thing I want to do after an 8 hour day of work is to come home and watch a show about people competing for a job!

I want less reality in my television, but I guess that's just me!