A vs X - when it ends......

I think it's fair to say the consensus on the GG is A vs X is steaming pile of garbage.  Possibly the worst event ever - certainly the worst event in recent history....at least so far.  Speaking for myself I can't see how Marvel will save this one, but there are a few things that Marvel better NOT do with this event.

1. Bring back Jean Grey. 
Kudos to Marvel for keeping Jean dead for so long - and I hope they continue to do so.  I know there will be some Jean fans that want her to be resurrected just like everyone else has been, but for my money, the x-books have been better with Jean dead.

2. Undo "no more mutants". 
Again, for my money having so few mutants has made all the characters matter and brought back a "world that hates and fears them".

If Marvel doesn't do those two things....that would be a positive step for me....and once again, kudos to Charles and DA for keeping the GG in the loop on this one! 

I hope they use it as an excuse to kill off Cyclops.

Hercules Rockerfeller - I hope they use it as an excuse to kill off Cyclops.

That....would be radical change to the x-universe.

I think jean grey will remain did and should remain dead. But I think they will undo no more mutants. The phoenix farce will be released and reactivate the x gene world wide.

I feel that after Schism, the feud with Wolverine has been done from all angles. That's it. Any more butting heads with Logan is just beating a dead horse from now on. He's one of those main characters that for some reason has stuck around forever despite not being a great stand alone character. Anytime there has been a significant story about Scott Summers he's always the second half to a whole. Whether it's Professor X, Jean Grey, Wolverine or Emma Frost, Cyclops is always part of a package deal. I say kill the bastard and give Utopia to Magneto.

BigWilliam - I think jean grey will remain did and should remain dead. But I think they will undo no more mutants. The phoenix farce will be released and reactivate the x gene world wide.

I hope not.  If Marvel resets "no more mutants" I'm going to want to kick someone in the shins.

As an aside....I'm surprised by the Cyclops hate.

Considering how shitty the storyline has been, I FULLY expect them to undo "No More Mutants". Shit doesn't turn into gold, it just becomes shittier.

Granpa - Considering how shitty the storyline has been, I FULLY expect them to undo "No More Mutants". Shit doesn't turn into gold, it just becomes shittier.

Well, if that happens, y'all better check up on me....I'll probably be in shock for a couple days or so.

I hope this is an excuse to kill all the mutants besides Wolverine, the other mutants in X-force, and some of the ones at his school and Magneto. I hope the rest get the fuck killed out of them, especially Gambit.

This event has driven me to seek out DC titles to read while it's going on. Mainly Vertigo stuff though. I might grab some Animal Man issues, that title looked like it had a lot of potential .

Phoenix Force will reboot decades of canon, throwing off continuity across storylines and resetting power levels to manageable levels. And will make several beloved characters suddenly like the cawk.

paw -
Granpa - Considering how shitty the storyline has been, I FULLY expect them to undo "No More Mutants". Shit doesn't turn into gold, it just becomes shittier.

Well, if that happens, y'all better check up on me....I'll probably be in shock for a couple days or so.

Didn't they already undo no more mutants? Five lights and all. Granted, blob isn't back with fat ass powers to my knowledge, mutants are being found.

And yes, I really want this to be the end of Scott. Kinda want someone else to head the ship of the mutant race for a bit. To the point that I will consider everything will be worth it if Cyclops is out of commission for a bit. Phone Post

More mutants imo

And I was predicting Cyclops' death from the beginning. I would love for him to die and stay dead.

If there was one thing im banking on, its the reactivation of the mutant gene. 

Scott Summers; terrorist; prisoner of war.
Locked in the raft (or whatever gawdam prison is popular these days)
I could live with that.

Really surprised by the Cyclops hate.  *shrugs*

I guess I'm the only one hoping/thinking Marvel won't undo "no more mutants".

I hope Cyclops doesnt die. I think his new militant approach is the most interesting thing hes done since forever. I actually really like the way hes being written nowadays. 

Its a great contrast to Wolverines school. 

If they dont undo "no more mutants", i imagine itll be something like 'no more superhumans' or 'no more avengers'. 

i cant imagine being surprised by the outcome. itll be predictable. 

I bet they reactivate the x-gene soon if not after this.  For the same reason it was originally invented, introduce new characters without having to flesh out a detailed story about the origin of their powers.  

crescentwrench -  I bet they reactivate the x-gene soon if not after this.  For the same reason it was originally invented, introduce new characters without having to flesh out a detailed story about the origin of their powers.  

This. Mutant is the easiest possible backstory for any short term new character. It's too tempting for lazy writers and editors to have a shortcut for introducing a side character with a canned background.

MarkRobinson - I hope Cyclops doesnt die. I think his new militant approach is the most interesting thing hes done since forever. I actually really like the way hes being written nowadays.

My man!  First round is on me.

I like Cyclops. So I am also not on the hate wagon there.

But I am in complete agreement with those saying this will undo house of m to at least some extent. Marvel loves that reset button.