A4 or C300

Thoughts? I'm looking for a luxury sedan between $40-$50K (hopefully closer to $40) and I'm leaning towards one of these two. Is there something else I should consider? 

IMO if you cant buy something other than the base model.. don't buy one. C300s and A4s arent anything special.. and I wouldn't call them legit luxury sedans. They make those cars for suckers who can't afford a real Mercedes/Audi. Your better off saving the money and buying a premium accord, passat or something like that. Their is nothing wrong with cars like that. When I see someone with a new C300 I just think they are idiots. Your paying a ton of money for a meh car just so you can say "I drive a Mercedes".

I would buy a cert used luxury sedan like an E550, C63 or an S4, A6 Sline or A7 etc. That is a legit luxury car.

I drive a used Audi A8L that I paid under 40k for, and when my buddies with their C300s or A4s get in it.. they realize they paid 50k (10k more than what I paid) for an accord with an expensive badge on it. Its not even the same league.

I’m a fan of reliability so I would look at a Lexus. I think the ES is about $40k new. I’d also look at the Hyundai Genesis. 

The new continentals are crazy nice with the 29 position seats

Don’t waste your money on a c300; like n3g said I would start at e550. 

Have any of you owned a C300? I used to own one and I loved that car. Not sure where you are, but in the US you are looking at low 50s if buying new with decent option packages. 

FG_Gall -

Have any of you owned a C300? I used to own one and I loved that car. Not sure where you are, but in the US you are looking at low 50s if buying new with decent option packages. 

Thats exactly what I am saying.. 50k for a 241hp 4cylinder.. with meh interior. Its a dressed up Camry.

Go to your Merc dealer and test drive E550.. realize your c300 is a pos in comparison and buy a 2016 model still under warranty for 10k less than your junky c300.

n3g -

IMO if you cant buy something other than the base model.. don't buy one. C300s and A4s arent anything special.. and I wouldn't call them legit luxury sedans. They make those cars for suckers who can't afford a real Mercedes/Audi. Your better off saving the money and buying a premium accord, passat or something like that. Their is nothing wrong with cars like that. When I see someone with a new C300 I just think they are idiots. Your paying a ton of money for a meh car just so you can say "I drive a Mercedes".

I would buy a cert used luxury sedan like an E550, C63 or an S4, A6 Sline or A7 etc. That is a legit luxury car.

I drive a used Audi A8L that I paid under 40k for, and when my buddies with their C300s or A4s get in it.. they realize they paid 50k (10k more than what I paid) for an accord with an expensive badge on it. Its not even the same league.

Good info. Thanks!

Bubba Stuckey -

I’m a fan of reliability so I would look at a Lexus. I think the ES is about $40k new. I’d also look at the Hyundai Genesis. 

My Mom had a 1994 ES300.

About 10 years ago, my Dad gifted it to an employee of his that was moving away.

It apparently is still running with no major problems and it never had any problems when my Mom drove it.

Depends what u want in a car. I have a c63. Very nice. Uncle has a new c200. Also nice. He used to drive the top spec camry. Can't compare the two

Otherwise look at the c43

n3g -
FG_Gall -

Thats exactly what I am saying.. 50k for a 241hp 4cylinder.. with meh interior. Its a dressed up Camry.

Go to your Merc dealer and test drive E550.. realize your c300 is a pos in comparison and buy a 2016 model still under warranty for 10k less than your junky c300.

That’s not necessarily true. Sure, the E class has a better interior, but not eveyone likes big cars. I cannot speak of the 4-cylinder because they just started making them all 4-cylinder. My C300 had a V6. I can assure you that a C-class does not drive like a Camry.

You can get a Genesis G80 for under 50. I own a 2015 C400 and I love it. I've had C300's as loaners and they just aren't the same amount of fun. If you want a badass car in that range, look at the Stinger GT. 

I have a Audi S3 it’s pretty sweet. Lease it and beat on it. 

1939 International Harvester pickup or go fuck your mother. You will be straight BALLING in that mother fucker. 

Volvo S60R

Would a '37 be OK?

BMW 335i or 340i + tune = unbeatable

allhart81 - 

"With the BMW, the pricks are on the inside!"

canned laughter

allhart81 -

Lady cars

kindofawesome -
allhart81 -