A4 or C300

Have 3 MBs.  Personally prefer them over BMW or Audi but theyre all very similar.   They are all awesome cars and a ton of fun to drive.  I would step up to a used mid size model though.  A one or two year old V8 or turbo6 in a mid sized car is a completely different experience than the C class, 3 series, or A4s.  Night and day.  Get a used E550, 550, or A6.

Looked at a 2.5 yr old MB S550 a few years ago.  New it was 124k.  They were asking 48k for it with a clean title.  The depreciation on these cars is crazy.  Buy one you like and hold on to it.  They will last and look great forever.  Have had my E500 for 14 years now.  My ‘85 300D has been in my family for 33 years and still runs like a champ with 300k miles.  Its in great shape and i get lots of compliments on it.

Watch out moving up to the S class, 6 or 7 series, and A8s.  They are a completely different level of car with completely different levels of maintenance.

get the model 3. cheaper and you'll impress way more people with it.

tapnaporsnapbro - get the model 3. cheaper and you'll impress way more people with it.

There isn't a Model 3 being sold right now for less than $50k. The average is $63k.

Tesla is pretending to compete with the BMW 3 and Mercedes C class, but in terms of price point, it's on par with the 5-series and E-class. In terms of features, it's fucking shit compared to the 5 and E. The Model C is also a buggy POS, and you'll be buying it without a proper service network for when shit breaks.

Terrible advice.

I love my bimmer!

IS350

You can get the B8 S4 off lease way cheaper than a new A4.

I can't justify paying $50k for a 4cyl car

Don't buy a european car.. beautiful, fast and fun to drive and constantly fucking broken.

If 40k is your desired range get a brand new top end Honda. Maybe a Lexus or Toyota. enjoy the stunning reliability and fact that they are also fun to drive with great interiors and you have a factory warranty

AnthonyWeiner - 
tapnaporsnapbro - get the model 3. cheaper and you'll impress way more people with it.

There isn't a Model 3 being sold right now for less than $50k. The average is $63k.

Tesla is pretending to compete with the BMW 3 and Mercedes C class, but in terms of price point, it's on par with the 5-series and E-class. In terms of features, it's fucking shit compared to the 5 and E. The Model C is also a buggy POS, and you'll be buying it without a proper service network for when shit breaks.

Terrible advice.

tesla has tax breaks. plus you save on gas. depending on where you live it might also make your commute easier by giving you access to certain lanes on the highway.

you'll definitely get more bishes with the tesla too. it's 2018. nobody is really that impressed with bmws and benz anymore.

Model 3.  Is this even a serious question?

i bought a clk320 new in 99

still have it and love it.

i've been shopping for a new car, and most 40k cars dont have 1/2 the shit i have in that in terms of luxery

I wouldn't own an Audi outside of a lease.  Mercs are nice but, BMWs have the better driving dynamics and I like the interior layouts better.

I heard you can buy a fairly new genesis for low 20s,  I’d look hard at that.  I’d wager it will be more reliable than a new German car for 5 years 

FG_Gall -
n3g -
FG_Gall -

Have any of you owned a C300? I used to own one and I loved that car. Not sure where you are, but in the US you are looking at low 50s if buying new with decent option packages. 

Thats exactly what I am saying.. 50k for a 241hp 4cylinder.. with meh interior. Its a dressed up Camry.

Go to your Merc dealer and test drive E550.. realize your c300 is a pos in comparison and buy a 2016 model still under warranty for 10k less than your junky c300.

That’s not necessarily true. Sure, the E class has a better interior, but not eveyone likes big cars. I cannot speak of the 4-cylinder because they just started making them all 4-cylinder. My C300 had a V6. I can assure you that a C-class does not drive like a Camry.

I said c63 or S4 up in another post. Even a c43 would be fine. The C300 is horrible.

M2 

CMX -

M2 

I concur or a e46 m3

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

i bought a clk320 new in 99

still have it and love it.

i've been shopping for a new car, and most 40k cars dont have 1/2 the shit i have in that in terms of luxery

My father had a 2001 clk320. You are wrong in terms of. Luxury vs current cars. The clk. 320 was.from the dark years of benz. When everything broke down. Made me hate benz for many years 

n3g -
FG_Gall -
n3g -
FG_Gall -

Have any of you owned a C300? I used to own one and I loved that car. Not sure where you are, but in the US you are looking at low 50s if buying new with decent option packages. 

Thats exactly what I am saying.. 50k for a 241hp 4cylinder.. with meh interior. Its a dressed up Camry.

Go to your Merc dealer and test drive E550.. realize your c300 is a pos in comparison and buy a 2016 model still under warranty for 10k less than your junky c300.

That’s not necessarily true. Sure, the E class has a better interior, but not eveyone likes big cars. I cannot speak of the 4-cylinder because they just started making them all 4-cylinder. My C300 had a V6. I can assure you that a C-class does not drive like a Camry.

I said c63 or S4 up in another post. Even a c43 would be fine. The C300 is horrible.

These are not the same car categories. You cannot compare a C63 with a C300. Same thing with the A8 — different car classes.

CMX -

M2 

+1. When I sold my C300 I bought a M240i. This car is the shit.

kkmmnn -

Don't buy a european car.. beautiful, fast and fun to drive and constantly fucking broken.

If 40k is your desired range get a brand new top end Honda. Maybe a Lexus or Toyota. enjoy the stunning reliability and fact that they are also fun to drive with great interiors and you have a factory warranty

never once had a MB leave my stranded.  maintenance is high, but to say they break down a lot isnt accurate.

FG_Gall -
CMX -

M2 

+1. When I sold my C300 I bought a M240i. This car is the shit.

I have a M235i. Put it in Sport+ and give her hell.