Aaron Pico Defeats 2013 World Champ

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/754170

For those of you who don't know, this match happened within the past two weeks. Pico defeated a 2013 SENIOR world champion.

Pico is 18 years old and just signed a contract with Bellator. He won't start fighting until after he tries to make the 2016 Olympic team.

Subbed got later. Phone Post 3.0

BEAST

I hope to god he lives up to the hype Phone Post 3.0

He's an animal Phone Post 3.0

anunaki - BEAST

If you're talking about wrestling hype, I think he's already proven worthy of the hype by his success on the international stage.

Whether he gets past Metcalf, Russell, or Oliver is a huge question. But those guys are all studs who were close to equally hyped when they were in high school and college.

His snap downs are hype worthy that's for sure. Phone Post 3.0

wiggum -
anunaki - BEAST

If you're talking about wrestling hype, I think he's already proven worthy of the hype by his success on the international stage.

Whether he gets past Metcalf, Russell, or Oliver is a huge question. But those guys are all studs who were close to equally hyped when they were in high school and college.
war jordan oliver #okstate Phone Post 3.0

I remember watching Jordan as a kid. What a fucking beast. Phone Post 3.0

will be interested to see how far he makes it in the Olympics, will be glad to witness his transition to mma.

Watch more videos on Flowrestling

gorillagrappling - I remember watching Jordan as a kid. What a fucking beast. Phone Post 3.0
you from PA? I'm shocked we were able to get Marstellar Phone Post 3.0

wiggum - 
anunaki - BEAST

Let's not forget 3x NCAA champ Stieber and probably NCAA champs Tsirtsis and Molinaro.

Tommy Gunnz -
gorillagrappling - I remember watching Jordan as a kid. What a fucking beast. Phone Post 3.0
you from PA? I'm shocked we were able to get Marstellar Phone Post 3.0
No. I coached a few kids from Alabama who had to wrestle him in middle school at the big opens. Phone Post 3.0

Impressive. I know less than jack squat about wrestling really so consider this a legit question. Seems like not much sportsmanship there between the competitors but also it seems pretty unrealistic for me to expect them to hug it out afterwards. Are wrestlers usually friendly after matches or is it a walk away while still acknowledging the competition?

TheJudge - Impressive. I know less than jack squat about wrestling really so consider this a legit question. Seems like not much sportsmanship there between the competitors but also it seems pretty unrealistic for me to expect them to hug it out afterwards. Are wrestlers usually friendly after matches or is it a walk away while still acknowledging the competition?

Not usually friendly. Sometimes you get a hand shake, other times the other guy goes running off. No big deal.

what weight does he wrestle at now?

140's.

65kg which is 143.3 lbs

wiggum,

I know people get excited about these wins but reality is they don't mean anything.

Here is the thing -- all these guys are completely out of shape if its not the Euros/Olympics/World tournaments.

I still remember people getting excited about wins at beat the streets, where Metcalf would beat Kurbanaliev, etc.

Then, at the 2014 worlds a completely different thing happened with the U.S. getting nothing and Russia winning 5 gold medals. And people are surprised how can that be.

For these guys, unless its a major competition, you can completely discount the results. These are more of exhibition matches, trying things out, etc than a real competition.

For instance, I kept reading about what prodigy Kyle Snyder is, then Gogaev of Russia whooped his ass badly at the junior Worlds, etc.

Same thing was about Ed Ruth, 3x NCAA champion, etc. How he was gonna beat Sadulaev, etc. Then at the worlds Ruth loses to the Iranian and Sadulaev demolishes everyone and is now probably p4p best wrestler in the world.

Same thing with Pico. The guy is good, but he is nowhere near the level of guys like Sadulaev, etc. In a previous tournament in Turkey few months ago, the Russian pinned Pico in 20 seconds.