ABC President Urges Edmonton to follow the Unified

jkennedy - 6. Boxing/TMA refs who are already having difficulty with the current rule set being asked to learn and enforce a new set of rules.
This.

Funny how nobody ever addresses this issue.  My biggest concern isn't necessarily the rules themselves but the people in charge of enforcing those rules. 

Lino Santoro weighed in on the debate:

http://topmmanews.com/2010/01/25/ccf-boss-weighs-in-on-unified-vs-dream-rule-debate/ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJaPJGRIDc

Personally I was excited when I heard they were going to be implementing some of the dream/pride rules in this new promotion. Trying the 10 minute first round, as well as allowing knees on the ground is great...HOWEVER after hearing they were going to be allowing gis, shoes, and possibly allowing weight differences of up to 30 lbs I am totally against this...I think we especially in Canada have had a hard enough time getting the sport accepted and legalized...this is all we need is to have someone get hurt...then who knows what will happen...and commissions like the one we have in Ontario will surely use such an event as ammunition not to legalize the sport here....furthermore I have to say I heard the arguments in made by the head of this promotion in another thread and I have to say they were far from being well thought out and or convincing

Ideally I would like to see uniform rules globally which would include both elbows and knees on the ground...with no gis shoes or size mismatches...as far as round length im undecided, but perhaps 3 5min rds is best to keep the round length uniform....the part which I am most cloudy on is the scoring...ive seen some bogus calls in japan...but the must system is really whack especially when judges dont have any real criteria with which to judge...here in N.America Takedowns are over rewarded (if every facet of the round is even then sure decide it on takedowns) but active grappling from the bottom totally underrewarded (ie. seen countless fights where top guy gets the takedown and spends the rest of the round defending sweeps and subs and still wins the round)

Its time to get organized globally

actually we are bringing in there referee's
thanks thou

nogi26 - and possibly allowing weight differences of up to 30 lbs I am totally against this...

Seriously? this is an actual concern? Look at any heavy weight division and you will always see match ups with big weight difference. guess that's what happens when the division is 206-265. I have seen several fights in that division under unified rules with 20+ pound weight differences.

My understanding is there can not be mores tnan a 7% difference in weight at the time of weigh ins.

Humberto 77 - My understanding is there can not be mores than a 7% difference in weight at the time of weigh ins.

So if the guy I am fighting weighs 240, the max I can weigh is 256.8?

So much for the guys that cut down to 265 to fight at heavyweight.

What about a guy like me who cuts to be 265? Now I have to cut an extra 7-10 pounds just to fight a guy who is 235-240?

I was not made aware of this, and if that is the case then there is a problem. I was told to be at 265 for the fight, not to be with in 7% of my opponents weight.

According to the copy of the rules I have, the only weight stipulation listed is that if there is more than a 15kg/33lbs difference in weight, knees to the head of a downed opponent are not allowed. As I mentioned before look at the weight difference in some of the heavy weight fights, there are a lot with more than a 7% difference as even in Unified rules the division has a large weight gap.

people who do not have the rules are going buy something else jerry this 7% is not in are rules we also have less weight classes oops

JUST BLEEED!

CCF says that Edmonton has formally approved the rules. 

http://topmmanews.com/2010/02/04/press-release-ccf-a-go-as-ecsc-approves-dream-rules/