Abcde (why parents do that to a sweet girl)

Santa fired for rebuffing autistic girl

MISSION VIEJO, Calif. (KTLA) -
Two actors who portrayed Santa Claus and an elf at a shopping mall in Orange County have been fired after turning away a 7-year-old autistic girl and her service dog, officials said.

Abcde (pronounced Ab-Suh-Dee) Santos waited in line with her family and the dog, named Pup-Cake, for more than 30 minutes at the Shops at Mission Viejo before the incident occurred Sunday, according to Julie Marie Miller, a spokeswoman for the Santoses.

"To her dismay, Santa was afraid of her dog, a sweet pit bull with as patient a disposition as Abcde," Miller said in a statement. Although the family offered to remove the animal from the area, "Santa still refused to see the child," she said, attributing the decision to "what we can only assume is the influence of BSL (breed-specific legislation)."

Miller described the encounter in a news release that was published on social media. She also contacted the mall's management group and the organization that had hired the Santa and elf actors.

The latter company, which provides Santas and Easter Bunnys annually to shopping malls throughout the U.S., issued a response on Monday.

"The entire team at The Noerr Programs sincerely apologizes for any distress caused by this situation, and truly regrets the incident," said CEO Judy Noerr. "We have reached out to the girl's family, in an effort to extend a private Santa visit with complimentary photos of both the child and her service dog."

In a later news release, Miller thanked the management team at shopping center and its parent company, The Simon Property Group, "for swiftly responding to our concerns."

"Santa and the elf have subsequently been fired," she said.

The statement was shared by The Shops at Mission Viejo on its Facebook page, which added: "We look forward to welcoming back the Santos family and Pup-Cake for a special Santa experience." Phone Post 3.0

Parents should be slapped for that name. Don't know how it was allowed Phone Post 3.0

Festus - Parents should be slapped for that name. Don't know how it was allowed Phone Post 3.0

Because her life isnt hard enough.

She probably developed her autism trying to pronounce her own name

Wow, Lewis black didn't make this up. Phone Post 3.0

Her sisters name is Shithead. Pronounced shi-thade. Phone Post 3.0

Hilldo - Her sisters name is Shithead. Pronounced shi-thade. Phone Post 3.0

A girl I knew pronounced her name shi-TEE-ud.

I went on a date with a kindergarten teacher who had a student named "La-A".

That's a "dash" btw. It's "La-dash-a".

FFS Phone Post 3.0

ABCDE is a ridiculous name for a girl BUT Pup-Cake is an amazing name for a dog.  I'm conflicted.

I guess its better than Fe-Mal-e, but not by much.

That kid is already going to have a difficult enough time in life without that stupid fucking name, fuck those parents.

Here comes AI! Phone Post 3.0

i know this 45 yr old chinese guy named "Dvdr"

when his parents first came here from china they asked my mother in law what some american boy names were...they liked "David"

their heavy chinese accents made them pronounce it "DIV- DER"......lol

Meth head chick in my son's third grade class has a little girl with the same name.....unbelievable.

Pitbull as a service dog??

Also what does a child with autism need a service dog for?

Lastly that name... Why? Pretty soon when you name your daughter or son something normal like Elizabeth or John, they'll be the only kids in their class with names like that Phone Post 3.0

PatK -

She probably developed her autism trying to pronounce her own name

So wrong yet so so right. VU man. Phone Post 3.0

In Limbo -

when his parents first came here from china they asked my mother in law what some american boy names were...they liked "David"

lol

It's actually spelled that way, with no vowels? Phone Post 3.0

Is it unusual to have a pit as a service dog? It's pretty common where I am Phone Post 3.0

Lux Fixxins -
Steven McTowelie - I went on a date with a kindergarten teacher who had a student named "La-A".

That's a "dash" btw. It's "La-dash-a".

FFS Phone Post 3.0
I want proof.

People always claim this name exists... Phone Post 3.0
Yeah. Original email forward on that was like 8 years ago or so kindergarten teacher from Louisiana...i remember at the time snopes said it was bullshit.

However I completely believe that by now there are kids out there with that name and would be kindergarten age or so Phone Post 3.0

Hocky Balboa - 
In Limbo -

lol

It's actually spelled that way, with no vowels? Phone Post 3.0

yes spelled "Dvdr"

im imagining the worker at the clerk's office, which happened to be in Newark, NJ where my mother in law is from....i don't believe they knew how to read/write in english letters

Dvdr's Mom: "herro, i rike to name my son uhhhhh DIV der"

Municpal employee: "say WHAT!?!?!?!?!?