/w:WordDocument
<![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]>

/w:LatentStyles
<![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

/o:shapelayout
<![endif]-->

Suppose a fighter amasses a pro record of 6-1 and then temporarily retires. If the temporary retirement lasts almost 8 year would you consider it unethical for them to start over and do some amateur fights. The competition wasn’t that great when they were fighting anyways and they could use some of these amateur fights to see what their status as a fighter is.

This question is not about me.

I just bought a new bike with training wheels.

Its been awhile since I went for a ride after all.

Pros cannot fight ammy.

It is like virginity.

boss man said it so poeticly

After 7 years of no sex you are a born again virgin.

what if the pro never had an opportunity to fight am and the pro was in a bar and they were paid 50 bucks for gas

8 years is a long time? Did they stay in shape the whole time or were they lazy like me? I could see them fighting some crappy guys the 1st and 2nd time out.

Once a fighter has competed as a pro IN ANY JURISDICTION THAT REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE they can not fight as an amateur again.

Alaska has no MMA regulation, so guys get paid up there all the time and aren't 'technically' pros.

Once you go Pro, you never go back

JKING - 8 years is a long time? Did they stay in shape the whole time or were they lazy like me? I could see them fighting some crappy guys the 1st and 2nd time out.
They had 3 babies.

Trivia:

Who was the winner of the first female fight in the Extreme Challenge?

No cheating. Either you know or you don't.

I am going to guess and say Leah Hamilton. Am I correct? ;) lol

Wow, I haven't seen you on here in awhile.

Yep, the answer is Leah, but it was before we got married so it's listed under Leah Burkle.

We celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary next month.

Kirik is right. Your amateur status is like your virginity, once gone, it's gone.

WOW return for Leah? Nice!

DJLastCall - Once a fighter has competed as a pro IN ANY JURISDICTION THAT REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE they can not fight as an amateur again.

Alaska has no MMA regulation, so guys get paid up there all the time and aren't 'technically' pros.
Where is this stated. Is this just a broad athletic rule. Is this a boxing quote. Is this a rule made after 2000. There were not any amateur fights back when we started. Out of Leah's 7 fights only two of them could be considered competitive.

She is seriously thinking about fighting some more but I thought maybe she should do a few warm-up fights just to see if she still wants to do it.

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leahwonvv1.jpg

There are enough shitty pros out there it should be easy to find some competitive fights.

I consider childbirth a fight.

Maybe she could get  a fight with someone who is having their pro debut.