??? about DelaHoya?

i've read on another thread that"ALL the latinos are puling for Mayorga"

my ??? is,what do latinos have against DeLaHoya? every time he fights a latin opponent they root against him. i mean i like Mayorga to man but hell,is'nt he like a rapist and gangleader?(not the kinda guy i would want my boy to look up to)

BTW, i think DLH is gonna take it

DeLaHoya better take this one. You don't tell your opponent to hand over his wife for a night.

"i mean i like Mayorga to man but hell,is'nt he like a rapist and gangleader?"

Mayorga was never convited of rape, i think they dorpped the charges. DLH was accused of rape also but they settled out of court for an undiscolsed amount

Plenty of Latinos will be rooting for de la Hoya.

He upset some by beating Julio Cesar Chavez, and others by his performance late in the Tito Trinidad fight, but he's still got a huge following.

TH

Cholos indeed

"i've read on another thread that"ALL the latinos are puling for Mayorga"

Just because Mayorga said something doesn't make it so.

"my ??? is,what do latinos have against DeLaHoya? every time he fights a latin opponent they root against him. i mean i like Mayorga to man but hell,is'nt he like a rapist and gangleader?(not the kinda guy i would want my boy to look up to)"

I have always rooted for him and so have a bunch of my friends. Sorry, not all mexicans root against him when he fights another hispanic fighter.

im not saying all of them,give me a break.i didn't think i would have to be politically correct.i meant no dissrespect by it.

it just seems that if you check his past fights,most of the latinos were rooting against him.and most of DLH's fans (putting it delicatelly) were of non latino descent.

i know he has latino fans but, there is alot of latinos that dont like him.including many of my friends. (and they are mexican)

Deuce He didn't say it in that conference but, he did mention it in another occation to hand over his wife. From what I remember he said "Prestame a tu vieja..."

"im not saying all of them,give me a break.i didn't think i would have to be politically correct.i meant no dissrespect by it."

LOL! I didn't feel disrespected at all, didn't mean to come of that way.

Oscar followed his corner's instructions when he laid off against Trinidad. I thought he did enough to win it though.

I'm a fan, always have been. Comments like: "unless your a guy with a backstreet boys album you probably dont relate to oscar" may be pretty funny but you can do that about any fighter.

"Unless you're a chain smoking prison rape victim, you can't relate to Mayorga."

"Unless you think Oxnard is the capital of Mexico and have a needle up your ass, you can't relate to Vargas."

"Unless you hit a speed bag reeking of Drakkar and cheap Italian wine, you can't relate to Arturo Gatti."

And so on. And I like those guys.

TH

I agree with you hackett. As a mexican-american, i can honestly say the only people i've known that have hated oscar are cholos and wetbacks.

He's not the greatest boxer, or person, but i dont see any reason to hate other than jealousy. He came up the way most fighters came up, except he had tremendous success. That alone will create enemies.

"I agree with you hackett. As a mexican-american, i can honestly say the only people i've known that have hated oscar are cholos and wetbacks."

I do not concur with this, and the namecalling is unnecessary.

TH

"I'm a fan, always have been. Comments like: "unless your a guy with a backstreet boys album you probably dont relate to oscar" may be pretty funny but you can do that about any fighter.

"Unless you're a chain smoking prison rape victim, you can't relate to Mayorga."

"Unless you think Oxnard is the capital of Mexico and have a needle up your ass, you can't relate to Vargas."

"Unless you hit a speed bag reeking of Drakkar and cheap Italian wine, you can't relate to Arturo Gatti."

And so on. And I like those guys. "

Who know, maybe Natis has been prison raped by the man himself. LOL!