? about Spear Tactic

I was reviewing the 'Spear vs Wrestler' thread in the archive and had some difficulty gettiing a visual idea of the movement. I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with you system (yet), but the movement described seemed to be some kind of single or double forearm/elbow shot to the neck/trapezius/clavicle area. Please correct me. A description would be great. . .

Thank you

The "movement" is actually part of a system that approaches self defense in a very unique manner.

The system is known as S.P.E.A.R. (Spontaneous Protection Enabling Accelerated Response), and (to keep things very brief here) works off from the body's own built-in survival system to let us go from an out of control moment to a tactical position in less time than the standard traditional muscle memory "techniques" do.

Within the system, there is a particular conversion that uses the arms in a very specific manner, which is the "movement" that the original question and your's are referring to. It is not a technique, but rather a specific tactic within the larger process of the system. A description here, in writing, or even a few pictures can not and would not do the tactic or the system justice. It could even lead you to a false-impression and inaccurate understanding of what is going on. The best thing to do is to call the office (toll free 1-877-773-2748) or email (phil@tonyblauer.com) and get the video that explains it. People sometimes see it or hear about it (as the person who originally wrote the first question did) and misinterpret it if they don't understand the premise for what the system and tactic are based on.

If you have the opportunity, go to a Blauer seminar, or contact the office and see if there is a Personal Defense Readiness Rep in your area. A live training experience with a knowledgable coach is even better than the video.

Bottom line.......get the facts....which are difficult to put into the mere written word, without writing a book. Once you learn and implement the system, your defensive capabilities will be greatly enhanced.

Adam LaClair

Personal Defense Readiness Team

Thanks Adam -

Harry, in a nutshell, what you described is
somewhat the technical positions of the
movement, as Adam wrote, its far more reaching
than reducing the move to a technique, many
people confuse techniques with tactics, thjere's a
lot more going on with a tactic.

Tony

Thanks