About to get my gallbladder out

When I get home, my kids will be at the in-laws and I will be playing video games and sleeping. Hope to get a few good days of much needed rest out of this recovery.

Anybody got recovery tips? Phone Post 3.0

Walk and walk and walk. It helps work all the gasses out which is the most painful parr of recovery. That is, if they are doing a laproscopic surgery. Phone Post

Oh and avoid fatty greasy foods from here on out. Your digestion won't handle them as well afterwords. Phone Post

I was due to have mine out in June but I opted out.

I heard some horrific tales about life without a gallbladder.

Things like the possibility of indefinite diarrhoea and the inability to metabolise fat leading to excessive weight gain made me look at other ways to stem the issues I was having. I cleaned my diet up and have felt ok for a while.

Are you 100% vested in having it done?

There was no other real option. I have a really clean diet and I am riddled with gallstones of various sizes. I have been putting it off for a year and a half. It has been unpleasant at the best of times. As for as the diarrhea, I grew up in the GI dr's office...so nothing new there. Phone Post 3.0

what are you symptoms?

Pretty much any pain associated with it. Feel like I got hit in the solar plexus with a bat...all the time, horrible unrelenting back pain, bad gas both ways, burping bile, baaadddd fatigue, and other stuff. Phone Post 3.0

What kinds of food should I have post-op? Not sure if the hospital will try to push their world class cuisine on me since it's a 10:30 surgery. Phone Post 3.0

1. Right after I woke up from surgery, I stood up to quick to take a piss. I needed up getting sick and tore several of my stitches out. That hurt.

2. Do not wait too take a dump, if you have the slightest feeling of having to go...GO immediately

3. Other then that, it is 4 tiny lacerations for which you will be up and about the next day.

I'm sure your cholecystectomy will be over in no time. Phone Post

Best of luck op. Hope it all goes smoothly :-) Phone Post

Thanks guys. About to head in. Phone Post 3.0

In a room. Was told that my gallbladder was steaming, rotten a and infected. Go big or go he I guess. Phone Post 3.0

Glad it went well for you. Phone Post

I recovered in three days. I then gained 100 pounds. Mind you I was 15 and still filling out. But still I could eat alot of stuff I coulnt before so eat sensibly.

Diarrhea is no prob unless I skip breakfast then all bets are off.

If I act like a complete idiot (multi week boozing and eating like shit) I get attacks cuz I still have some stones in my bike duct evidently. But if I use one iota of common sense in fine. Phone Post 3.0

Morning update: I feel miserable. Took a long time to pee, but finally did. Puked all night. Finally starting to keep stuff down. Probably going home after lunch. Phone Post 3.0

FFTF_stuffadamdoes - What kinds of food should I have post-op? Not sure if the hospital will try to push their world class cuisine on me since it's a 10:30 surgery. Phone Post 3.0

I can't believe you had the surgery without knowing about the future food restrictions. You will never eat the same again. But steamed carrots and broccoli aren't that bad...

alley -
FFTF_stuffadamdoes - What kinds of food should I have post-op? Not sure if the hospital will try to push their world class cuisine on me since it's a 10:30 surgery. Phone Post 3.0

I can't believe you had the surgery without knowing about the future food restrictions. You will never eat the same again. But steamed carrots and broccoli aren't that bad...
I know all those. I meant right after surgery. Obviously clear liquids. That's what I had. Phone Post 3.0

Finally at home in my man cave recliner. Popped 2 hydrocodon and starting a new game of Skyrim. Phone Post 3.0

Glad everythingvwent well. Phone Post