AC: Black Flag question...

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag looks awesome. Thing is, I've never played any of the other AC games. For those that have played Black Flag, can someone jump in and play with no problem, or do you need to play the others first?

Thanks

Just jump in. It's great. Phone Post 3.0

Nah. You can jump right in. I did the same with AC3. AC4 is basically you being a pirate and you get involved in the ongoing war between the Templar's and Assassins.

Ac 1 &2 &4

Are the only ones worth playing imo Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. I was referring to the tutorial as well. Will the controls etc. be easy to pick up for a newbie?

It's the first AC game I've played too, easy to pickup, great game Phone Post 3.0

mannerscostnothing - It's the first AC game I've played too, easy to pickup, great game Phone Post 3.0

Awesome, thanks.

PUBLICnoose - Ac 1 &2 &4

I LOVED AC3, I'm surprised by how many people didn't like it. For example, it's light years ahead of AC1 imo. Phone Post 3.0

First AC for me too. It's great. Just pick it up. Phone Post 3.0

Mikusoraiden - 
PUBLICnoose - Ac 1 &2 &4

I LOVED AC3, I'm surprised by how many people didn't like it. For example, it's light years ahead of AC1 imo. Phone Post 3.0

I agree. It was the first AC game I played and I thought it was great. Was really drawn into the storyline. Beat it in a weekend. AC4 is really good, but I think I liked AC3 a touch better. The only downside to AC3 was after the Kenway intro, it took a while to get things going again. AC4 is much better in an 'open world' sense though with the ships and freedom to just sail around and be a pirate. Although the story is a bit meh so far.

So in short for me;

AC 3....story yay! open world meh!

AC4....story meh! open world yay!

Although I am sure the AC4 story will pick up soon.

gord96 -
Mikusoraiden - 
PUBLICnoose - Ac 1 &2 &4

I agree. It was the first AC game I played and I thought it was great. Was really drawn into the storyline. Beat it in a weekend. AC4 is really good, but I think I liked AC3 a touch better. The only downside to AC3 was after the Kenway intro, it took a while to get things going again. AC4 is much better in an 'open world' sense though with the ships and freedom to just sail around and be a pirate. Although the story is a bit meh so far.

So in short for me;

AC 3....story yay! open world meh!

AC4....story meh! open world yay!

Although I am sure the AC4 story will pick up soon.
I definitely plan on getting it as soon as I have the funds!

Broke until after holidays I think, so I just bought Beyond Good & Evil from the xbla sale for $3.74 lol. (75% off) Phone Post 3.0

I played all but the third. A couple friends told me it was terrible so I stayed away. Loved 1, 2 and 4 though. I can't stop playing 4. I am trying to raise a fleet of manowars.

Big Pun - I played all but the third. A couple friends told me it was terrible so I stayed away. Loved 1, 2 and 4 though. I can't stop playing 4. I am trying to raise a fleet of manowars.
i have 5 already i hate how slow they are though Phone Post 3.0

^manowar ships Phone Post 3.0