Accutane experience? TME

Just ordered some for my girl, planning on 30mg per day, split into two doses. Already researched heavily, just looking for some discussion and personal experience with it. Phone Post 3.0

Don't do it. My last dose was 15 years ago. I was prescribed for what was supposed to be bad acne. I must carry chapstick 24/7 because my lips dry out constantly. I attribute it also to a mild ibs. And the depression it causes is really messed up. Or I was unlucky and suffered all the side effects. Phone Post 3.0

Kaneman82 - Just ordered some for my girl, planning on 30mg per day, split into two doses. Already researched heavily, just looking for some discussion and personal experience with it. Phone Post 3.0
I wouldn't mess with unless you are being followed by a dermatologist and getting blood work drawn for labs routinely. It's very hepatotoxic and considered s black box med. Phone Post 3.0

You ordered some for you gf??

Did she get a Rx from her Dr??

You have to get your liver checked once month while on it

I used it for bad acne. It sucks BUT totally worth it. Got rid of all my acne. Nothing else worked. My Dr. Tried everything before busting out the acutane. It was the only thing that worked Phone Post 3.0

Never used personally, but have seen several patients over the years come into our clinic with eye irritation and ended up getting drug-induced conjunctivitis, as Accutane is secreted in the tears via the lacrimal gland. Also, she would totally be a no-go for Lasik or PRK if she was on Accutane.

She's tried ProActive and everything else out there with no result. This is adult onset Cystic Acne....seems that Accutane is the only thing that helps. What else is there that I may not know about? Phone Post 3.0

Kaneman82 - She's tried ProActive and everything else out there with no result. This is adult onset Cystic Acne....seems that Accutane is the only thing that helps. What else is there that I may not know about? Phone Post 3.0
OP,

Is she seeing a Dr. For this?? Phone Post 3.0

There also was a warning from the fda (when I reviewed the meds), that it could, maybe, possibly increase the risk of committing suicide Phone Post 3.0

Yes, we've read all the side effects extensively, this is not a decision we made lightly and have been discussing it for half a year. She's been to a dermatologist in the past as well as a GP. Everything they tried seemed to make it worse, at great expense. She's tried everything you can buy over the counter, been prescribed antibiotics, scrubs, oils, etc. After spending an hour draining and icing her face last night we decided to pull the trigger.

She's in otherwise very good health and very strong mentally and physically. We eat clean and drink lots of water, take vitamins, etc. Phone Post 3.0

Kaneman82 - Yes, we've read all the side effects extensively, this is not a decision we made lightly and have been discussing it for half a year. She's been to a dermatologist in the past as well as a GP. Everything they tried seemed to make it worse, at great expense. She's tried everything you can buy over the counter, been prescribed antibiotics, scrubs, oils, etc. After spending an hour draining and icing her face last night we decided to pull the trigger.

She's in otherwise very good health and very strong mentally and physically. We eat clean and drink lots of water, take vitamins, etc. Phone Post 3.0
Your still not answering the question on if she will be getting the acutane through her Dr....

You really gotta have the blood work done every month to check the liver and other things.

Best of luck Phone Post 3.0

RoyalRailer -
Kaneman82 - Yes, we've read all the side effects extensively, this is not a decision we made lightly and have been discussing it for half a year. She's been to a dermatologist in the past as well as a GP. Everything they tried seemed to make it worse, at great expense. She's tried everything you can buy over the counter, been prescribed antibiotics, scrubs, oils, etc. After spending an hour draining and icing her face last night we decided to pull the trigger.

Your still not answering the question on if she will be getting the acutane through her Dr....

You really gotta have the blood work done every month to check the liver and other things.

The answer is no. Phone Post 3.0

Uncle Ray Ray - Don't do it. My last dose was 15 years ago. I was prescribed for what was supposed to be bad acne. I must carry chapstick 24/7 because my lips dry out constantly. I attribute it also to a mild ibs. And the depression it causes is really messed up. Or I was unlucky and suffered all the side effects. Phone Post 3.0

I suffered all the mental side effects, I believe now it caused years if depression and anxiety for me. I has a normal teenager before i started it, my acne went away but I was in a bad place for a few years 

Kaneman82 - 
RoyalRailer -

The answer is no. Phone Post 3.0

She absolutely needs the blood work done. Also can't risk pregnancy so she needs to be on the pill or somethjng 

kill joy -
Uncle Ray Ray - Don't do it. My last dose was 15 years ago. I was prescribed for what was supposed to be bad acne. I must carry chapstick 24/7 because my lips dry out constantly. I attribute it also to a mild ibs. And the depression it causes is really messed up. Or I was unlucky and suffered all the side effects. Phone Post 3.0

I suffered all the mental side effects, I believe now it caused years if depression and anxiety for me. I has a normal teenager before i started it, my acne went away but I was in a bad place for a few years 

Ironic that the clear skin it gives you would boost your confidence but is immediately negated by the severe depression. Phone Post 3.0

It works, you definitely don't want to take it unsupervised, especially a woman. She positively NEEDS to stay on birth control. It will cause her to birth Kuato otherwise.

I took it about 15 years ago, after nothing else seemed to work. And it def did the trick, but I was seeing a Dr. and had to take regular blood tests to make sure nothing else was getting messed up.

Like everyone is saying....it works, but too risky if not seeing a doc

I was on it about 16 years ago. I had fairly bad acne that cleaners and other products at the time did little to help. My family and I were worried about potential scaring so we took the doctors recommendation.

Accutane saved my adolescent social life. 6 month cycle with monthly blood tests to check liver health and I have been free of acne since. My liver may be damaged now but it's got nothing to do with this med.

Kaneman82 - She's tried ProActive and everything else out there with no result. This is adult onset Cystic Acne....seems that Accutane is the only thing that helps. What else is there that I may not know about? Phone Post 3.0

My girl gets the same thing.  She takes medication for it, but whenever her medication runs out she gets it again, and she says it's very painful.  She has planned on taking Accutane too. I've heard some people say it worked great for them, but I've also heard quite a bit about the side effects. Not quite sure how I feel about it just yet.

I took Accutane about 15 years ago. It was the only thing that cleared up my acne and worked. However, before I used to have pretty normal skin. Now, I dry out constantly in the winter and need to use lotion. Also, suntanning is really hard as I just get burned. I did not have any mental side effects. Just be aware that it may change her skin type forever. Overall, I probably would not do it again... Phone Post 3.0

Dogmadeth - I was on it about 16 years ago. I had fairly bad acne that cleaners and other products at the time did little to help. My family and I were worried about potential scaring so we took the doctors recommendation.

Accutane saved my adolescent social life. 6 month cycle with monthly blood tests to check liver health and I have been free of acne since. My liver may be damaged now but it's got nothing to do with this med.
This.

I remember the shit burning like crazy, too.

Doc had me on it for a little while. Stepped down to something else for a bit. Can't remember what it was.

Been acne free since. I plan on dying by 55-60 anyway. Can't rob me of years I don't need. Phone Post 3.0