Activision/Blizzard Scandal Stories?

How long ago did human chapelle do those rkelly skits?

I have no idea about any of this and I dont play video games. However, I will say that a client of mine is one of the biggest video game companies out there. The people who work there are absolutely not the type of nerd that I think most people might think. I think that all of them that I’ve met are really cool people. Very friendly and welcoming. Not closed off or socially awkward.
Not the calculator pocket protector type. Not even close. Some look like athletes or maybe personal trainers. Some look like they might work in a tattoo shop or as a mechanic maybe.

There were unproven allegations in 2005.

It didn’t gain major public traction until 2014. Nine years later.

Was Richard Gere convicted of bestiality a decade after the original allegations of gerbil sodomy?

I don’t think the Richard Gere jokes were contingent on a conviction. Because that isn’t how jokes work.

Ive been adding to my ATVI positions over the past few weeks hope it gets alot worse, long term I love their company.

So what you’re saying is that the Richard Gere joke is completely irrelevant to the Cosby rape conviction?

I see.

There wasn’t a conviction in 2005, but that didn’t stop anyone from talking about it.

Even the title of the article says re-ignited. What does the re part mean?

Suddenly, a joke meant for an audience of a few hundred now had an audience of millions, and brought the allegations against Cosby came back into the spotlight. People paid more attention to his accusers. More and more came forward. The Associated Press uncovered a 2005 deposition, revealing more shocking allegations. Cosby adamantly denied wrongdoing.

Barbara Bowman had been telling her story for nearly 10 years. “Why wasn’t I believed? Why didn’t I get the same reaction of shock and revulsion when I originally reported it?” … The women victimized by Bill Cosby have been talking about his crimes for more than a decade. Why didn’t our stories go viral?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2018/04/26/hannibal-buress-unwittingly-reignited-the-bill-cosby-firestorm-heres-how-he-dealt-with-the-aftermath/

Ouch!

It was kind of a not-so-well-kept secret for years.

There had been allegations against Cosby for years but nothing really got rolling until Hannibal Burress put more spotlight on it publicly.

Yep.

Also the Richard Gere thing is not a true story. It’s just a stupid joke people were telling. And there’s nothing criminal about it in the first place even if it was. (Even though it would be fucking weird)

Telling jokes about cosby Being a predator were still jokes but they were actually based on truth and criminality

I do remember hearing things about this for a while. I’m not entirely sure what was going on but, a guy I know was quite upset about it and had multiple maxed out characters in WoW and deleted his account over this.

Their headquarters were really close to my old employer. They were ranked the best place to work in OC for many years.

Right, Squatdog has a weirdly high threshold for what can be joked about. Richard Gere never (probably) put a gerbil up his butt, and there are still jokes about it. Cosby sexually assaulting people was in the news and was part of an extended legal case that ended in a settlement. One passes a higher threshold than the other.

The Buress set happened in a time when people were more likely to care about a famous rich entertainer also being a sexual assaulter, and Cosby was heavily protected, but it wasn’t unknown.

And if someone believes the accusations against Afrasiabi, I’m confused about how someone can see the bit about him being aware of the Cosby allegations as the part that is the biggest stretch.

LOL@the feeble attempt at deflection…

Once again, the unproven Cosby allegations faded from public consciousness and it wasn’t until 2014 that the Buress monologue caused an explosion of interest and investigative reporting which led to Cosby being convicted.

Suddenly, a joke meant for an audience of a few hundred now had an audience of millions, and brought the allegations against Cosby came back into the spotlight. People paid more attention to his accusers. More and more came forward. The Associated Press uncovered a 2005 deposition, revealing more shocking allegations. Cosby adamantly denied wrongdoing.

Barbara Bowman had been telling her story for nearly 10 years. “Why wasn’t I believed? Why didn’t I get the same reaction of shock and revulsion when I originally reported it?” … The women victimized by Bill Cosby have been talking about his crimes for more than a decade. Why didn’t our stories go viral?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2018/04/26/hannibal-buress-unwittingly-reignited-the-bill-cosby-firestorm-heres-how-he-dealt-with-the-aftermath/

Hilarious.

I heard about the Cosby rumors in 2004 or 2005. Many people did.

Maybe it was named after Bing Crosby and they just beat the shit out of women rather than raping.

90% of it is bullshit most likely. Mob mentality coming together to create lies and take down a shitty company.

Rumours.

EIGHT YEARS later and it was mostly forgotten.

My God, these monsters!

One thing I’ve not heard of in all this is the police’s role?

If someone raped me at work, i wouldn’t be complaining to my manager or going to HR, it’d be a criminal issue that goes straight to the police.

2 Likes