Add Fight Finder on Your Website

Just curious as to why its using SW/Flash?

Elias Cepeda - 
RickStorm - 
xakx - Ok, how do i make it open a new window, i forgot most of the html stuff...

I believe it would have to be added to the original activeX control properties. Added to the go button parameters
Hmmm, not sure how to do that. 

Flash uses activeX controls for buttons and stuff. When building the "GO" button you would add the parameters of what you want the button to do. In xakx's case to open in a new window you'd add _blank to the parameter to open in new frame or window.

Can we get a code so this opens in a new window?

Thanks Rick

GregHonda - Can we get a code so this opens in a new window?

As far as I know it's something that whoever built this thing has to go back and do. If this was built in Flash you would need the FLA file to edit the buttons. Then export it to a movie SWF file.

Welcome Elias

Chris - Today we published our Content Share page at MixedMixedArts.com.

Our fight database contains over 9400 events, including over 80,000 bouts. What we've done is made it easy to add a widget to your website to add access to our database directly from your website. If you own a website and are interested in including, please visit the share page today.

Click Here to Access Share page

It would be nice to have a version without the extraneous picture on the left so that the fight finder widget is smaller and doesn't take up more of our webpage then necessary.

can the code- go on a myspace page and still work??

ecmma - can the code- go on a myspace page and still work??
Just add the code to the "about me" section. I wouldnt use the long banner it might throw off the other stuff on myspace but the 200x300 one worked fine

working on it....

Thanks I will install it later today

Any way of getting this as a gadget on igoogle?

Hmm. Everytime I see this thread title I keep seeing "Adult Friend Finder."

Ray Blackburn - Hmm. Everytime I see this thread title I keep seeing "Adult Friend Finder."

+1

thx- RStorm - i'll try it

RickStorm - 

As far as I know it's something that whoever built this thing has to go back and do. If this was built in Flash you would need the FLA file to edit the buttons. Then export it to a movie SWF file.

Using Abode Flex you don't need to deal with FLAs anymore. You can now code flash like it's a real programming language.

RickStorm - 

Also, most SWF files can be decompiled into their component code and assets. You would need to obfuscate them if you want to protect their code from prying eyes.

nacase - How about an XML-RPC interface to the database? :)

Yeah, let's code in punch cards while we're at it. AMF/JSON/XML via RESTful urls is the only way to do things (I'm a REST zealot).

HardHittingHeeb - 
RickStorm - 

Using Abode Flex you don't need to deal with FLAs anymore. You can now code flash like it's a real programming language.

Hmmm Thanks Heeb I'll have to dl it and try it out

ttt