Adele is the reason y La La Land didnt win

as preposterous as it might sound, its true....

February 12 - Adele beats Beyonce for Album of the year

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/entertainment/adele-beyonce-racism/

February 13 - voting opens for Oscars

February 27 - despite being an odds on favorite to win, having the most Oscar nominations in history, winning best Picture awards at the BAFTAs and the Golden Globes, winning the Producers Guild of America Award,and making more than 16X the amount of box office money, La La Land loses to Moonlight for best picture and, to top it off, the cuck La La Land people and the rest of the celebrities vigorously cheer the verdict signalling to the world how virtuous and accepting they all are

Thanks Adele!

"16X the amount of box office money, La La Land loses to Moonlight for best picture"

dam - didnt realise it was that much

crazydave - 

"16X the amount of box office money, La La Land loses to Moonlight for best picture"

yeah...

of course these things are all subjective, but by no objective metric can anyone really say that moonlight should have won

frankly if i were black i would almost feel patronized at this point

Lala land didn't because it was a story about straight white people. Moonlight won because lead is a Gay black man in crack ridden Miami.

TheSergeK - Lala land didn't because it was a story about straight white people. Moonlight won because lead is a Gay black man in crack ridden Miami.

right, but it was still on pace to win until the grammys.....

Gotta give it to the black movie, or the cries of racism will be heard.

The victim mentality and enabling white-guilt are alive and well.

Thanks political correctness!

Moonlight is the definition of Oscar bait, my god it was a terrible film.

gokudamus -
crazydave - 

yeah...

of course these things are all subjective, but by no objective metric can anyone really say that moonlight should have won

frankly if i were black i would almost feel patronized at this point

I was thinking this today. Do you think deep down the Moonlight people know they got the affirmative action oscar this year?

So Moonlight will go down in the annals of the Oscars with an asterisk.

Yeah, that's something to be proud of.

I know, I know... white privilege, Adele's 2017 Grammy.

Better or worse than Crash?