Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2 Targeted for UFC 271 in February

The long-awaited rematch between Israel Adesanya and Robert Whittaker finally has a date with the middleweight title fight being targeted for UFC 271 on Feb. 12.

Multiple sources speaking to MMA Fighting confirmed the plans for Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2, although negotiations are still ongoing so no contracts have been issued or signed at this time. The fighters have verbally agreed to the date but until contracts are signed, nothing is official.

For Adesanya, the rematch brings him full circle to the fight that made him the undisputed UFC middleweight champion after he dismantled Whittaker inside two rounds in their first meeting back at UFC 243 in October 2019.

Since then, Adesanya has defended the 185-pound title three times with wins over Yoel Romero, Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori. His only loss during that stretch came by decision to now-former UFC light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz after Adesanya moved up a division to attempt to win a second title.

I don’t think I see the rematch going much differently

I think Bobby knuckles doesn’t pressure fight forward and does more ground and clinch work.

tea

Fuck yes

If bobby doesn’t just rush in there guns blazing an come with a game plan

I think he can get the win