Adonis Stevenson's Performance Last Night

Hey all! For those of you that followed my thread breaking down the Terence Crawford/Viktor Postol fight, I figured I'd do another reaction/breakdown of last night's boxing action between Adonis Stevenson and Thomas Williams Jr.

I didn't have time to get a write-up done because I had to spend a fair amount of time preparing for tonight's fights, but I did do a brief, less in-depth Youtube breakdown.

For anyone interested, with any luck I should have Youtube reactions/breakdowns of tonight's UFC and boxing action, as well as a more in-depth write-up if anything stands out on either of tonight's cards. 

After tonight's fights (both MMA and boxing) let me know if there is anything in particular you all would like to see me explore in terms of analysis. Also, any feedback is welcome as always.

Thanks!

Fun fight, watched it with a friend. We were hoping Stevenson would lose, but fun fucking fight either way! The krusher would ko him! Phone Post 3.0

Shanebone - Fun fight, watched it with a friend. We were hoping Stevenson would lose, but fun fucking fight either way! The krusher would ko him! Phone Post 3.0

It really was. Loved the round-by-round changes in momentum. Was a very entertaining fight.

Have to agree with you on that one. I would absolutely love to see that fight (though not more than the Ward fight) -- there would be so many elements of danger in play for both men. But Kovalev has just as much power if not more, and is the much slicker boxer with more tools, and is also more defensively sound imho, so hard to pick against him.

Sexton Hardcastle - Sexton Hardcastle was highly entertained. Phone Post 3.0

It was a highly entertaining fight!!!

Chickenson Phone Post 3.0

Will watch later.

It was a very entertaining fight. Adonis is up there in age but still has the physical tools to win vs the Karpencey's and Williams's of the world.

I wouldn't pick him vs any of the other top guys at 175 though especially Kovalev and Beterbiev. I think Hopkins beats him despite being 51. Joe Smith Jr vs Adonis is a toss up imo. Adonis would probably beat Pascal at this point. Phone Post 3.0

explodin - Chickenson Phone Post 3.0

Lol

Nice breakdown man. I missed the fight last night and this caught me up. Phone Post 3.0

Stern - Will watch later.

It was a very entertaining fight. Adonis is up there in age but still has the physical tools to win vs the Karpencey's and Williams's of the world.

I wouldn't pick him vs any of the other top guys at 175 though especially Kovalev and Beterbiev. I think Hopkins beats him despite being 51. Joe Smith Jr vs Adonis is a toss up imo. Adonis would probably beat Pascal at this point. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah, for me it is unclear exactly where he is at these days. Power is the last thing to go, and he clearly has a lot more of that to offer. But he has never had tremendous defensive skills and at his age that is an important quality to have in being able to preserve one's status among the elite. He got hit a ton against Williams -- if he was in there against a bigger puncher or someone with a higher boxing IQ, some of the scenarios that we saw play out would have been huge issues for him to contest with.

DarkPlace Daz - Nice breakdown man. I missed the fight last night and this caught me up. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks man! Glad to hear it.