Adultery in North Carolina. A Question

Shit is hitting the fan!  lol

My sister in law is intending to divorce her husband.  She says they have weird divorce laws and they have to be seperated first for 6 months?  Then there's all this crap with custody.  Can anyone shed any light on divorce in that state?

Anyway, the juicy details.  She dislikes him, she has told him her intention of divorcing him.  She told him come April, they are going to split. The truth is she's right to divorce him. he's a lazy, worthless, POS.  Hasn't worked in 5 years.  She does 100% of the work, he gets fatter by the day. Will not seek employment.   

In the interim, she must have thought that's an official break so she goes out and meets a dude for sex.  Her husband of course didn't know.  2 weeks later she met the guy again and spent the weekend with him.

Now it all blows up. He accuses her of having an affair and after much baggering, she admits it.  Now she thinks she will lose 100% custody of her child?  Any truth to this NC OGers? 

No fault states seem to have a better handle on this divorce thing.

Dude in Canada u have to seperate for a year Phone Post 3.0

RICKYB - Dude in Canada u have to seperate for a year Phone Post 3.0
I actually thought everywhere was a year Phone Post 3.0

She told me it was 6 months there. So idk.  Where i am there's nothing.  Just booom, gone. 

Nope. Still together. She is moving out in April. 

Mister Josh - Adultery has no impact on child custody Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely it can.

Adultery is still illegal in many states. 

You have to file for legal separation. It lasts 12 months then you can get a divorce. During the legal separation you cannot live in the same residence as your soon to be ex.

She's a woman. She'll get custody of the kids. She'd have to be a murderer or a crackhead hooker not to get them.

Did u know that in north carolina and handful of other states

That her husband can sue her and the dude she cheated with for that affair.

its called alienation of affection.

Litetally have been million dollar cases awarded . Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Dirt24d - Did u know that in north carolina and handful of other states

I had a friend from NC who's wife cheated. He sued the guy she cheated with and won a judgment. So now the guy pays him monthly installments until it's paid off. He never said the total amount but he alleged it to be a couple hundred a month.

It just so happened that the guy the wife cheated with was married too so she was in the process of suing for the same thing. Phone Post 3.0

me lurk you long time -
TFK_Dirt24d - Did u know that in north carolina and handful of other states

I had a friend from NC who's wife cheated. He sued the guy she cheated with and won a judgment. So now the guy pays him monthly installments until it's paid off. He never said the total amount but he alleged it to be a couple hundred a month.

It just so happened that the guy the wife cheated with was married too so she was in the process of suing for the same thing. Phone Post 3.0
I think its a a great law that more states should have. Phone Post 3.0

Pics of sister in law. You are on holy grounds here guardian. Phone Post 3.0