adv notice: 2008 combat sport camp

lkfmdc - 
SamboSteve - 
 Yes, I was at one PAL show (was that your last show?). It was a good one. Never said it was'nt.

Good, we got that out of the way. I respect the fact that even when you don't agree with someone, you stick to the facts....

(PS: no, it was second to last one...)

Now, that being said, you are confusing the issues RE Mohegan Sun.

There is a promoter, an athletic commission and a sanctioning body. As I am sure you already know, they do very different things. I was only there to help the SANCTIONING BODY. IE I bracketed the tournaments and recorded the results. I neither was paid for this nor did I get a hotel room I was promised. Furthermore, despite the fact my professional fighter made the contract weight the promoter tried to not pay him. I had no control over the blood rule, etc.... I certainly had/have no power to give people refunds since I never collected a dime nor received one
OK...stop trying to change the subject. I know the various roles involved in such shows and am not confusing a damn thing. By diverting the discussion to that topic, you are trying to avoid answering to what you did while acting in your role with the show (whatever the hell it was).

Bottom line:

1) You were at the show and assited in planning the the show representing the sanctiong body. You promoted the show on-line as a rep for the sanctioning body and promoter (who else would you be advertising the show for besdies yourself?)

2) You were involved in discussions with the commission about the various rules.

3) You knew that 12 days out the commission changed the rules in a way that impacted the fighters.

4) As a result, You withdrew your team.

5) You, as a rep for the sanctioning body and one who had been publicizing the show (for the promoter and yourself as it was a san da open), did not inform anyone else of the new rules and that it would affect the show negatively. 

6) So, in the end, you consciously contributed to the disaster that was the tournament.

7) You could have represented the sanctioning body (USKBA), as you claim you were trying to do by not discussing this information publically, by being honest with potential fighters. It does not matter who made the rules decisions. What matters is that you knew and kept silent.

8) Regarding your not being paid, I can't verify this either way. But if you did get paid, you made money off others' misfortunes (gee...you have never been accused of that before...). If you did not get paid, that sucks, and it is all the more reason for you to be honest in the future. Nevertheless, logic dictates that you must have thought you were going to get paid when you agreed to work with these guys and promote the event. You acted as you did expecting some cash at the end of the day. The fact that you did not get paid after the fact really does not matter except to say - Bad Karma...you got screwed after screwing everyone else.

SamboSteve - 

OK...stop trying to change the subject.

That is a FANTASTIC IDEA, let's not change the subject! The subject of this thread is about the upcoming seminar I am doing (with others) in January. That was all it was about until Negron came on here to carry on...

So, let's stick to the SUBJECT!
Are you here to defend what Negron wrote?

your pathetic attempt to steal people's money ....

By running a seminar I am stealing money? Is that your argument? Or just Negron's? Of course, I could cite on this very forum comments by competely neutral people who have attended these seminars (and classes at NY San Da) who feel quite the opposite....

Honestly, this bores me...

lkfmdc - 

SamboSteve - 

OK...stop trying to change the subject.

That is a FANTASTIC IDEA, let's not change the subject! The subject of this thread is about the upcoming seminar I am doing (with others) in January. That was all it was about until Negron came on here to carry on...

So, let's stick to the SUBJECT!

Are you here to defend what Negron wrote?

your pathetic attempt to steal people's money ....

By running a seminar I am stealing money? Is that your argument? Or just Negron's? Of course, I could cite on this very forum comments by competely neutral people who have attended these seminars (and classes at NY San Da) who feel quite the opposite....

Honestly, this bores me...

LOL...I was not referring to your seimar when I mentioned your possibly profiting off of others' misfortunes. I am sure people will learn a lot from the other folks teaching at your seminar.

SamboSteve - 

I was not referring to your seimar and stealing people's money. I am sure people will learn a lot from the folks teaching at it.

Well, the seminar is what this thread is about.

lkfmdc - 
SamboSteve - 

I was not referring to your seimar and stealing people's money. I am sure people will learn a lot from the folks teaching at it.

Well, the seminar is what this thread is about.

OK...if you say so.

LMFAO.... how can you say anything otherwise? Is it not self evident?

lkfmdc - LMFAO.... how can you say anything otherwise? Is it not self evident?

Easy...the topic of the thread changed. That happens with public threads.

So rather than reply to my post, do you want to chat about how great your seminar is some more?

SamboSteve - 

Bottom line:

1) You were at the show and assited in planning the the show representing the sanctiong body. You promoted the show on-line as a rep for the sanctioning body and promoter (who else would you be advertising the show for besdies yourself?)

2) You were involved in discussions with the commission about the various rules.

3) You knew that 12 days out the commission changed the rules in a way that impacted the fighters.

5) You, as a rep for the sanctioning body and one who had been publicizing the show (for the promoter and yourself as it was a san da open), did not inform anyone else of the new rules and that it would affect the show negatively. 

6) So, in the end, you consciously contributed to the disaster that was the tournament.

7) You could have represented the sanctioning body (USKBA), as you claim you were trying to do by not discussing this information publically, by being honest with potential fighters. It does not matter who made the rules decisions. What matters is that you knew and kept silent.

8) Regarding your not being paid, I can't verify this either way. But if you did get paid, you made money off others' misfortunes (gee...you have never been accused of that before...). If you did not get paid, that sucks, and it is all the more reason for you to be honest in the future. Nevertheless, logic dictates that you must have thought you were going to get paid when you agreed to work with these guys and promote the event. You acted as you did expecting some cash at the end of the day. The fact that you did not get paid after the fact really does not matter except to say - Bad Karma...you got screwed after screwing everyone else.

OK, since you seem to not want to talk about your camp, how about answering to my points....

I'm happy to talk about my camp, but since you want to chat about something else... let's start with why Negron had to post on a thread that has nothing to do with him, carrying on like a child? You seem to be indicating you aren't on here to defend what he wrote (or am I mischaracterizing your posts?), so why are you on here then? And/or would you care to discuss his bizarre behavior?

Wow, guys are still going at it. 

lkfmdc - I'm happy to talk about my camp, but since you want to chat about something else... let's start with why Negron had to post on a thread that has nothing to do with him, carrying on like a child? You seem to be indicating you aren't on here to defend what he wrote (or am I mischaracterizing your posts?), so why are you on here then? And/or would you care to discuss his bizarre behavior?

Mark can speak for himself. I have no idea why he posted in the first place except bad blood bewteen you too and the funny  nature of you talking to yourself for so long on this thread. I spoke up because you criticized the BOB unfairly, not because Mark posted. Mark can defend himself if he wants. I am not here for that. Had you not brought up a show I was involved in and proud of, I would have let you guys at each other alone. I found it insulting that you would criticize a well run and respected show like the BOB (USKBA Sanctioned - so much for wanting to represent the USKBA well...huh?), when you were just involved in the Mohegun Sun debacle.

Why do I continue on with this thread? I am not sure, other than it is fun to watch you try and talk your way out of discussing the screwed up things you've done. But, since I have said what I have to say, and you clearly won't own up to your roll in the Mohegan Sun screw ups, I will be gone...

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

LMFAO...

SamboSteve - 

Mark can defend himself if he wants. I am not here for that.

It's ok Steve, we've already known why you are here, you announced it at the beginning

SamboSteve -
I am down for another round of trolling Ross

Nope, I didn't manipulate that quote in the least.

You're double standards are showing. If I happened to log onto one of your ASA promotion threads you'd have denounced me as low class and vindictive and childish. This thread had nothing to do with Negron and yet he came on here acting like the idiot he is, and you jumped in to defend him!

SamboSteve -

Why do I continue on with this thread? I am not sure,

Sure you are, you know exactly why you are here.....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Everyone is entitled to voice it, especially on a public forum. But don't ever forget that some people have agendas, or just "histories".

Negron and SamboSteve can post whatever they want. You can weigh it against what others have said...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1187285&page=2

NySanda is one of the best places i've ever trained at. I attended one of the combat sports camps, and it was just an absolutely sick amount of information & training to absorb. Conditioning, kickboxing & BJJ.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1162974&page=1&pc=17

David Thanks a lot, it was a great class. Hey guys if you ever go to NY check out David Ross place, NY SANDA. Great classes, great training partners, great atmosphear.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1345524&page=2

I've trained in a handful of different gyms all over the country, some of which qualify as "big name" places. NYSanda has been the best experience i've had visiting another gym. The amount of knowledge in that place is staggering. Striking, wrestling, jits, whatever, it's more than adequately covered. Plus, there's absolutely no holding back of any sort.

They're good at every part of the game, but where it really gets on another level is the conditioning training they do. I still have nightmares about that shit! In all seriousness, Tim, Ian & Dave have a mind blowing amount of info on getting someone in fight shape.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50801

When presented with questions about specifics, Ross didn't just give me one answer or say to do this, he gave me the worst case scenario, a better one, an even better one, and a drill to insure one doesn't end up there! Ask one question and get four drills that all make sense and work...dayum!

While getting whupped in sparring Ross was telling me more and more things to do and although I proceeded to get whupped some more, I was able to do a few things. He's got an eye that only tons of experience can get you.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47619&highlight=ny+sanda

Ross and his students were friendly and very helpful, but there is no doubt in my mind how SKILLED, CONDITIONED, and WELL-TRAINED his guys are. Ian and Tim were awesome, and Carmine Zocchi had us laughing the whole time he was choking us out. I got a lot of help from Frank, Dave, and one Ross' female fighters as well (forgot her name, but she was tough and wrestled me to a draw).

I believe we offer a very good product. Clearly, not everyone loves us, but consider the flip side of the coin whenever those guys show up

Nice testimonials...I could find many opposite ones as well. But, that does not really matter. Like I said, you have some good coaches there at NY San Da and at your camp. I don't have any issues with them and I did not trash your camp...just you.  Ian, Carmine, Tim, etc...are all good guys (why they continue to work with you is beyond me though). So, to be clear, I hope that anyone who goes to Ross's camp will have a great time and learns very much.

But, if you decide to run a show with him...buyer beware

Regarding my enjoying trolling you, I do. Never hid that obviously...I opsted it. But, for those whole are not clear on the subject: I don't like David Ross and I enjoy Trolling him.

BTW, my whole quote which you re-posted in part was: "Why do I continue on with this thread? I am not sure, other than it is fun to watch you try and talk your way out of discussing the screwed up things you've done."

You have logged onto our past threads and trolled...as you did with the old BOB threads back in the day. It sucks does'nt it. Feel free to troll my other threads if you like. It is a free internet.

But, you still don't want to answer to these in regard to the Mohegan Sun Show?

Bottom line:

LMFAO

In case you didn't notice, most of those testimonials also endorsed me. They came from people from across the country (one from South America), all had previous martial arts experience, most have fought in various formats.

But I know, you just can't admit it, it's ok, it's ok :)

Feel free to troll my other threads if you like

I don't have any need to do that... nor go to other forums and post under fake names like someone else did the other day (LMFAO, tell him to mask his ISP better next time!)

Have a great day Steve, really :)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1187285&page=2

NySanda is one of the best places i've ever trained at. I attended one of the combat sports camps, and it was just an absolutely sick amount of information & training to absorb. Conditioning, kickboxing & BJJ.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1162974&page=1&pc=17

David Thanks a lot, it was a great class. Hey guys if you ever go to NY check out David Ross place, NY SANDA. Great classes, great training partners, great atmosphear.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1345524&page=2

I've trained in a handful of different gyms all over the country, some of which qualify as "big name" places. NYSanda has been the best experience i've had visiting another gym. The amount of knowledge in that place is staggering. Striking, wrestling, jits, whatever, it's more than adequately covered. Plus, there's absolutely no holding back of any sort.

They're good at every part of the game, but where it really gets on another level is the conditioning training they do. I still have nightmares about that shit! In all seriousness, Tim, Ian & Dave have a mind blowing amount of info on getting someone in fight shape.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50801

When presented with questions about specifics, Ross didn't just give me one answer or say to do this, he gave me the worst case scenario, a better one, an even better one, and a drill to insure one doesn't end up there! Ask one question and get four drills that all make sense and work...dayum!

While getting whupped in sparring Ross was telling me more and more things to do and although I proceeded to get whupped some more, I was able to do a few things. He's got an eye that only tons of experience can get you.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47619&highlight=ny+sanda

Ross and his students were friendly and very helpful, but there is no doubt in my mind how SKILLED, CONDITIONED, and WELL-TRAINED his guys are. Ian and Tim were awesome, and Carmine Zocchi had us laughing the whole time he was choking us out. I got a lot of help from Frank, Dave, and one Ross' female fighters as well (forgot her name, but she was tough and wrestled me to a draw).

I believe we offer a very good product. The amount of testimonials to that effect are a strong indication this is true

I don't have any need to do that... nor go to other forums and post under fake names like someone else did the other day (LMFAO, tell him to mask his ISP better next time!)

Have a great day Steve, really :)

Can you point me to this thread...seriously. I would like to know who it is. I have no idea what you are talking about. You know I am not a fan of anonymous posting. At least when I troll you, you know it is me ;)

But, still no comments on my points?

Bottom line:

No, you don't troll anonymously. I never said you did.

I have no interest in trolling anything you post, so good luck with your activities....

It's up to you to do what you want...

will you please post the link of the other thread...

You guys are gonna get ulcers

You are grown men. Stop arguing with eachother! I'm sure you both have better things to do

You are just wasting eachother's time

shut up