Advice needed. Friend victim of abuse

Hey guys. This isn't one of the normal funny posts but I just needed to ask some people anonymously.

First of all, this is my female friend. Former co worker and is a good friend to my wife and I (no pics don't ask). She's like a sister to us.

Haven't heard from her in a while, but then she calls my wife tonight and says her long time boyfriend got drunk and hit her. I think ok, thats serious but possibly not bad. She sends me a pic and her nose was all busted up, bloody, needed to go to the ER and get stitches.
She said he got drunk and hit her and passed out. She called the cops, but isn't pressing charges (stupid I know). She's currently staying with her sister until things cool down.

IMO she needs to leave his ass now, and press charges. A part of me wants to beat the shit out of him, but realistically, that would make things worse (retaliation, jail time, especially cuz I have a wife and kid). The thing is that she's like family to us. Call me a white knight, IDGAF, but this guy is a POS. The rational part of me says she just needs to leave and press charges and move on. She is currently saying no. I think its a case of "you can only lead a horse to water".

Any suggestions? I volunteered my home in case she needs a place to stay and my wife was 100% ok with it too. Now, keep in mind, this isn't a typical trailer trash couple, she's a professional in the medical field and works in a hospital. Just FYI, we all work in a hospital. I was going to ask around if they had resources for abuse hotlines etc. but I'm in a jam. I've met the guy before and while he wasn't my favorite person, I still thought he was harmless. and BTW bro's I TRANE UFC and know I could demolish him, but again, just going to make things worse.

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm at work now, and my head is going all over the place.

If she isn't pressing charges, she will stay with him.  Stay out of it, or go beat his ass and watch her take his side afterwards because HE DIDN'T MEAN IT HE IS JUST UNDER A LOT OF PRESSURE AT WORK or some shit.  

She's lying, he never hit her! It's bullshit, he did not hit her. He did not.

TheHawker - She's lying, he never hit her! It's bullshit, he did not hit her. He did not.

....oh Hi Mark!

But in all seriousness I'm just pissed at this whole situation.

TryhardNobody -

God damn. I already know she's gonna forgive him and stay with his ass and give all the excuses that he didn't know what he was doing. But fuck man. I gotta get through to her and have her leave him

Not your circus; not your monkeys. 100% up to her to leave, not you. Have nothing to do with this woman until such time as she chooses to not bring violent dangerous people into your life. That's where you take your stand, not on being a dumbass violent dangerous person yourself.

BarkLikeADog - Not your circus; not your monkeys. 100% up to her to leave, not you. Have nothing to do with this woman until such time as she chooses to not bring violent dangerous people into your life. That's where you take your stand, not on being a dumbass violent dangerous person yourself.

Thank you man. This is the rational thinking I need to hear right now. 

its frustrating but BLAD is right....you can't force people to do the obviously correct thing in their life

Make it clear you are willing to help her in any way you can to extract her from the situation, and leave it at that. Say your piece by all means, but don't expect change until she is ready.

Don't get involved. You bring nothing extra to the equation.

Some people don't cry for help because they need help but because they want to drag you down. 

She knows what to do, and if she doesn't, you won't change her mind

OP trying to land threesomes on the reg.

Icy Mike -

OP trying to land threesomes on the reg.

this. fuck all this advice and concentrate solely on getting her to move in. after that implement a long term plan to trick her into bed with you and your wife - and somehow work it through with her. good luck. be patient. work hard and report back bro.

Ya , stop playing captain save a hoe. It will only cause you issues. Women like this that don't want to leave and press charges aren't worth your time . It will only bring drama and bullshit into your life .

Ps she ain't gonna have a three way with you guys .

It's on her. The helpful male friend is usually the one that gets murdered.

She’s having sweet sweet make up sex with him as we speak