Advice on dealing with anxiety?

My girlfriend goes through stages where she gets bad anxiety. She's not socially awkward or anything and it can come on even when she's alone. Sometimes just before bed even. It's getting her down and I don't know what to suggest.

She has an under active thyroid but takes the prescribed dose of levothyroxine.

Any ideas before the doctors get her on Valium or some shit.

I'm thinking it may be stress related so I signed her upto yoga classes. Phone Post 3.0

Meditation can be quite helpful in dealing with anxiety. Phone Post 3.0

Magnesium and L-Theanine are natural and will help in short order.

alcohol

ttt

RJJH -

buy her some weed and tell her to suck it up.

pills are the devil, why does everyone want to solve their "problems" wth pills!!!?!?!?!?

Why does everyone want to solve their problems with weed? Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Exercise, I've had months of chronic anxiety but it usually only comes when I'm not focused on something. Exercise and having a goal always keep it away for me, never used any pills. Phone Post 3.0

Blunted Ninja - 
RJJH -

pills are the devil, why does everyone want to solve their "problems" wth pills!!!?!?!?!?

I high CBD strain would work, but if you're somewhere where weed isn't legal then there's next to no chance of finding it. Normal strains which favor high THC would only make anxiety worse.

SnapLocally -
Blunted Ninja - 
RJJH -

I high CBD strain would work, but if you're somewhere where weed isn't legal then there's next to no chance of finding it. Normal strains which favor high THC would only make anxiety worse.

You see how your advise had some thought to it like you actually did some research and not some weed fixes everything science. Phone Post 3.0

RJJH -
Blunted Ninja - 
SnapLocally -
Blunted Ninja - 
RJJH -

You see how your advise had some thought to it like you actually did some research and not some weed fixes everything science. Phone Post 3.0

I didnt give any bro science. why are you being a cunt?

with a name like "blunted ninja", you 'd think you would be more receptive to the facts about pot.

Yea I smoke weed. You came across biased and your comment didn't seem very thought out. Weed is great but its not everything. Pills used responsibly help ppl as well. Yes I also think they can be very harmful as well. Not trying to be a dick just think you gave bad advice. I have a buddy who's going through the same thing, weed definitely makes it worse for him. He'll take a pill rarely when his anxiety is to much. He definitely knows a pill as a permanent solution is a worse problem. I told him to get off his ass wipe the Doritos dust from your mouth and get active. Do something that requires your full focus mentally and physically. He's been doing a lot better lately. Phone Post 3.0

RJJH -
Blunted Ninja - 
SnapLocally -
Blunted Ninja - 
RJJH -

with a name like "blunted ninja", you 'd think you would be more receptive to the facts about pot.

You came off like team pot. As long as you realize there are other things besides marijuana. Phone Post 3.0

Blunted Ninja -
RJJH -
Blunted Ninja - 
SnapLocally -
Blunted Ninja - 
RJJH -

You came off like team pot. As long as you realize there are other things besides marijuana. Phone Post 3.0
Yea? Id love to hear em Phone Post 3.0

Weed isn't an option.

Thanks for the replies, I will look into the thyroid issue a little more. Phone Post 3.0

1. Exercise
    2. Good diet ( paleo is best/real food).. no caffeine,alcohol..

3.Meditation and lots of it...as in at least an hour a day.

Exercise or physical activity of any sort.

It releases good natural "brain chemicals" (endorphins?).  In shape means feeling better physically, higher confidence, higher self-esteem.

It's recommended for depression too.

Also, she could see a therapist.  Get some insight into what is causing the anxiety.

Be very wary and hesitant to use pills of any sort.  Especially the whole benzo category is highly addictive.  She'd have to be freakin' pretty hard to consider pills.  Is she wild-eyed heart palpitations curled in a fetal position, or is she just uneasy and uptight?

SomeonesInMyFruitCellar -
Blunted Ninja -
RJJH -
Blunted Ninja - 
SnapLocally -
Blunted Ninja - 
RJJH -

Yea? Id love to hear em Phone Post 3.0
Someone hasn't read the comments at all but the other guy say I'm being a cunt. Phone Post 3.0

ShawnTheBadger -

Exercise or physical activity of any sort.

It releases good natural "brain chemicals" (endorphins?).  In shape means feeling better physically, higher confidence, higher self-esteem.

It's recommended for depression too.

Also, she could see a therapist.  Get some insight into what is causing the anxiety.

Be very wary and hesitant to use pills of any sort.  Especially the whole benzo category is highly addictive.  She'd have to be freakin' pretty hard to consider pills.  Is she wild-eyed heart palpitations curled in a fetal position, or is she just uneasy and uptight?

Not mega freak outs, just an uneasy worrying feeling. She says it's like nervous butterflies but 10x worse. Phone Post 3.0

increase the panic - Tell her to stop being anxious. I'm a little surprised you didn't think of this already. Phone Post 3.0

I have no idea why, but I literally laughed out loud when I read this.  Spit my Panda Express noodles on my screen.