Advice on headgear

First time buyer of headgear, was looking for advice. Looking for best combo of protection and comfort. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

ttt

The hard plastic ones hurt you opponent. The softer ones are better for your training partners.

You dont want pretty ears... let them get some character

http://store.martialartssupplies.com/goltigleathe.html

I knew I was going to get shit about pretty ears....wife would kill me, first time i've had problems in 4 years of rolling....

djones, just took a look at the link....bunch of fucking comedians in here

lol...sorry, couldn't resist...we actually use those for our full contact MMA training

Headgear is for sissyboys how are you gonna get califlower ears with headgear?

You do know all chicks dig bad ears right?

the bitches tell me my ears are sexy

Try fightgear.com they only make headgear. It is all high quality and was used on TUF show. They are recommended by Ringside.

I've been around a lot of fighters and haven't seen a lot of headgear.

You can live without it. The only benefit I see is less bruises and cuts on your face, but that isn't even the case half the time.

Gomi uses headgear.

Top Ten - they also make good boxing gloves

I have a soft-fabric/shell Asics halo-style wrestling/grappling headgear that has been pretty good. It is well made and reasonably comfortable.

I have not worn others so I can't provide a valid comparison.

sorry - double post

top ten makes great headgear like a poster already noted. also, reyes mexican style head gear is great. dont spar without headgear. you dont want a cut on the eye and this is one of the many things it will protect against.

ttt

For hard sparring I would ditch it though. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather walk out of the ring with a cut on my eye than 2 million less brain cells, or an increased risk for Parkinsons.