Advice with self building mat area at home

As title says, I'm building my own bjj/workout area at home. Emptied out my little shed of 150sqft and have begun the process. I took the basic mat building process from Rener Gracie's video on YouTube. He used a layer of carpet foam, closed cell foam, then a vinyl cover. Gonna be getting the closed cell foam soon but gonna take my time with it because it's pretty expensive.

Was wondering if you guys had any advice on what different/better materials I can use. It will only be used for light rolling while I can't get into the gym right now. But I want to be able to still keep building muscle memory and reactions. And just rolling with friends whenever possible. 

https://imgur.com/a/puT5T

For yalls help!

Look on craigslist for used wrestling mats, you can get lucky once in a while and find a section for $100-$200.

i have the rollout mats in my basement, you can do anything you want on those

in my garage i have puzzle mats, good for rolling but you wont want to do takedowns on them

the cheapest ive found for puzzle mats is wesellmats.com

Where can I get the roll out mats? I'm looking at all options at the moment. I checked Craigslist and seen nothing in my area but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the replies guys

Always keep an eye out on craigslist for mats. I was able to score 300 sq ft of brand new zebra mats for free

504thriller -

Where can I get the roll out mats? I'm looking at all options at the moment. I checked Craigslist and seen nothing in my area but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the replies guys

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrestling-Mat-10-x-10/55082935

they go on sale frequently. Pretty sturdy and you can pick them up instead of leaving them down all the time. 

Grimey - 
504thriller -

they go on sale frequently. Pretty sturdy and you can pick them up instead of leaving them down all the time. 

how are these compared to the legit ones you get straight from dollamur? would these be good to have a class on if i picked up like 3 sets?

IN

Ebay bruh. Factory seconds.

TheThrill -
Grimey - 
504thriller -

how are these compared to the legit ones you get straight from dollamur? would these be good to have a class on if i picked up like 3 sets?

I know a guy that has some that he bought from this site (that’s how I know walmart sells them) for $300 even cause they were in sale. I’ve rolled on the Dollamur style roll outs and Fuji’s roll out style mats. I’d say the Walmart one were comparible.

I also purchased the same dimension mats (2,10x5) a few years ago for a lot more money from dollamur. They’ve lasted about 5 years or so. I don’t know how long the Walmart ones will last. My buddy hasn’t had his long, but they are holding up. 

Ebay is a good spot to get the mat tape on the cheap. You can re-use it by rolling it on a coke can. 

Dont know about just rolling around playing with submissions. But I put a 10’x10’ mat down for my son to wrestle on.

He had to quit using it by the time he was 13-14. Just not enough room.

I have the zebra brand roll ups. Very handy. Consider the dimensions of your space to determine if they will fit properly in it. 

I have 3 - 5'x10' mats in my room which is too small to lay them all down without running it up the wall on one side.

Have a look at some of the YouTube videos where people have used car Tires as a base. You can pick the tires up for free as most garages have to pay for someone to take them away.