After Listening to Adesanya Talk About the Fight

It has become abundantly clear that this was just fun fight for him. I previously said that while this is a great fight, it doesn’t do much for Israel if he wins. I listened to a lot of his pre-fight and got the idea that he just wanted to be in there with his favorite fighter, and knew it would be fun. 

It seemed pretty clear that Anderson also agrees, and for both guys it was a rare instance of facing another creative and unique striker. I don’t believe that Adesanya wanted to finish Anderson in there, although at times he seemed to be setting up a finishing kick. Regardless of the result, watching these two guys both in their primes would have been insane. 

It was apparent from around 1 that Israel did not want to finish Silva, an admitted idol of his.  He had countless opportunities and went the empathic (sentimental?) route instead.  Still had a lot of fun and without doing too much damage to someone he respects.  

Agree with both of you. 

greco yeoman - 

It was apparent from around 1 that Israel did not want to finish Silva, an admitted idol of his.  He had countless opportunities and went the empathic (sentimental?) route instead.  Still had a lot of fun and without doing too much damage to someone he respects.  

How is it apparent? Silva was the best striker he’s fought in the UFC which he decisioned 3 out of 5 (including Silva). What were the countless opportunities?

Oh bullshit.