Agapova to fight girl on a 3-fight skid in August

23-year-old native of Kazakhstan, Maria Agapova, who made her successful debut under the banner of the largest mma promotion at the UFC on ESPN 10 tournament in Las Vegas, will return to the octagon on August 22, and her rival will be 31-year-old American Shana Dobson.

The organization of the match was reported by informed sources close to the situation.

Maria Agapova leads a series of three early victories, in the last match in less than three minutes, ending with strangulation to the back of Hannah Saypers, while Shena Dobson, on the contrary, suffered three defeats in a row, losing to Loren Müller and Sabine Maso by decisions, and also lost by knockout to Priscilla Kechoire .

what a fucked up matchmaking, in this dead division Agapove could easily face anyone from Top 10 next, given her impressive debut

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1271974333582389253

They're building a prospect. I don't understand what you don't understand. 

That's pathetic if to build a prospect you have to scrape for a fighter on 3-fight losing skid who would've been fired in a male division. Isn't Pennington fighting in the same div? She's like 10-9 and ranked #6, there was a thread about it recently. They are just setting up a meaningless beatdown that won't put Maria up in the rankings although the division is shallow as fuck. 

1 Like

I know what you mean, Touch. Agapova just completely destroyed Cifers. I looked at women’s FLW and Tapology has Dobson ranked number 48 in the world, and has Agapova ranked number 30. Cifers is ranked 82nd at FLW and isn’t listed at SW anymore. 

Honestly I really think this a showcase fight for Agapova. Dobson is on a three fight skid and is 1-3 in the UFC. Could they have given Agapova somebody in the top 20? Sure. But I’d rather them give her somebody too low in the rankings then somebody too high and end up detailing her career.