Aggression Weigh In Results

topmmanews.com/2009/10/23/aggression-mma-weigh-in-results-fulton-babene-fights-cancelled/ 

"The Xavier Foupa Pokam/Chester Post fight has also been eliminated from the line up. Last night, the Edmonton Combative Sports Commission decided that this was an unfair fight as Professor X's skills and experience were too great for Post."

Why would they wait until the last minute when expenses have been incurred to decide that. Couldn't they have decided when the fights were announced, so either Professor X doesn't have to travel and waste time, or a more suitable opponent could have been found?

Thats a good question. I wont disagree that Post really was a sever underdog but Ive seen weirder things happen lol. It is pretty shitty to call it off the night before as Im sure the card was submitted well before plane tickets and accomodations were taken care of, not to mention the time needed to find a suitable replacement. Shitty on the ECSC.

Heard that it was originally approved too.

Probably would have still come as a corner for Diabate though so would still eat ticket cost.

Is Hicks/Diabate any worse?

grienk - Is Hicks/Diabate any worse?
Exactly, except that Hicks can be such a dumbass sometimes that this is almost acceptable.

Why would they wait until the last minute when expenses have been incurred to decide that. Couldn't they have decided when the fights were announced, so either Professor X doesn't have to travel and waste time, or a more suitable opponent could have been found?

Good question

bravo13 - Why would they wait until the last minute when expenses have been incurred to decide that. Couldn't they have decided when the fights were announced, so either Professor X doesn't have to travel and waste time, or a more suitable opponent could have been found?
The commission met on Tuesday Oct 13th and it was brought up then, they could have informed the promoter on the 14th easily. Even if they are right about the match up, they really did screw the Promoter by dragging their decision out.

The meetings are open to the public to listen, you're not allowed to talk, I go to a lot of them. It was very unusual when the Chair of the Commission,John; asked my opinion on the experience of some of the fighters in question, this never happens, but none of them new more then 1 or 2 fighters on the card.

I could post more about the meeting as it is public, but I don't want to step on the promoter toes, if they OK it I'll tell the whole story.

I'm looking forward to the card, they've gone all out on their 1st show, I hope they do well and bring an ever better card for round 2.