AGR Army Positions

Looking for some things to study up on or some tips to try to land a AGR job. I currently have a board interview next Friday for a Admin NCO position and can't find a ton online on what I should study up on.

It would be a bust in rank, but getting on full time for the military would be more than worth it. Thank you in advance!

CoopDiddy - Looking for some things to study up on or some tips to try to land a AGR job. I currently have a board interview next Friday for a Admin NCO position and can't find a ton online on what I should study up on.

It would be a bust in rank, but getting on full time for the military would be more than worth it. Thank you in advance!

Good luck

I would have general ARMY knowledge and also
Google admin ARMY study guide

Hope you get the position!

SgtJustinTeplitz - 
CoopDiddy - Looking for some things to study up on or some tips to try to land a AGR job. I currently have a board interview next Friday for a Admin NCO position and can't find a ton online on what I should study up on.

Good luck

I would have general ARMY knowledge and also
Google admin ARMY study guide

Hope you get the position!

Appreciate it! I am pretty confident about what I know in general Army knowledge, but want to be able to show I can excel at the job and have a good understanding of what I am getting into.

From my experience, AGR jobs are equal parts what you know and who you know....To put it nicely. Good luck though. If you get it, you should be set career wise if you choose to stay that course. Phone Post 3.0

Know army regs etc..

But to be honest, from working in the system, they likely have an individual already chosen. Guard/reserve positions and government positions in general, are generally filled through nepotism. I am hoping that is not the case for you. I worked as an AGR and got out. I work as a federal contractor now, and I was just hired for a DoD civilian position. All of the positions I was chosen for, were due to "who I know" and not my knowledge (although my resume is stacked).

Sycotik - From my experience, AGR jobs are equal parts what you know and who you know....To put it nicely. Good luck though. If you get it, you should be set career wise if you choose to stay that course. Phone Post 3.0

The first thing I asked last month was if they had someone in mind already since I did not want to waste my time. I think I might have a slight edge since this unit just got stood up and I have been in charge of one of the platoons so I have had plenty of contact with the full time staff. But yea, got to love the fact that it does require some of who you know instead of what you know.

Bump for any additional help!