Agree w/deadliest warrior?

voorhees - 
ViciousCesar - 
voorhees - 
ViciousCesar - Capone could have easily won, had he been able to use the WRONG FORUM ASSHOLE.

I was waiting for that.

I guess despite the fact that Rashad Evans and Chuck Liddell have been on the show,it still has nothing to do w/fighting right?

Using that logic, I should be able to post Simpsons threads on the UG. Because Chuck Liddell was on there also.

Whatever capt. semantics.

Rashad and Chuck were used on deadliest warrior to calculate fight applications.

Simpsons chuck was a cartoon.

Them being on the show previously has nothing to do with an episode about JJ vs. Capone, bud.

ferox13 - Joe ROgans discription of the show was great..

What did he say about it?

I think Jesse James was a better "fighter" than Capone, but you are on crack if you think the James gang would've lasted with the the Outfit. They would've never got close enough to Capone to kill him, and Capone would've sent an army of people to hunt James down. Capone had WAY more money and law enforcement on his side. James wouldnt've lasted long.

303 - and Capone would've sent an army of people to hunt James down. Capone had WAY more money and law enforcement on his side. James wouldnt've lasted long.

Yeah,but the US government and the railroads for christ sakes couldnt even kill or catch James for like 10 years.

You think Capone could?

303 - 

I think Jesse James was a better "fighter" than Capone, but you are on crack if you think the James gang would've lasted with the the Outfit. They would've never got close enough to Capone to kill him, and Capone would've sent an army of people to hunt James down. Capone had WAY more money and law enforcement on his side. James wouldnt've lasted long.

Joe should look into big Al's youth a little more.  He was a tough SOB when he was younger, he didn't get that scar on his face from a shaving accident either.  Yeah the old heavy syphilis ridden capone wouldn't have beat Jesse James, but Jesse never lived long enough to be old and fat either.  Capone died with his boots off, Jesse, not so much.

bismanfightclub - 
303 - 

Joe should look into big Al's youth a little more.  He was a tough SOB when he was younger, he didn't get that scar on his face from a shaving accident either.  Yeah the old heavy syphilis ridden capone wouldn't have beat Jesse James, but Jesse never lived long enough to be old and fat either.  Capone died with his boots off, Jesse, not so much.<br type="_moz" />

You think it is more honorable to die of Syphilis than a gunshot betrayal?

Any link to Rogan's comments on the show?

Next to Operacion Repo, it's hands down the dumbest show on TV. WWE is sophisticated in comparison..

Didn't Jesse James pick up whores off of myspace and now reconcile w/his wife?

voorhees - 
bismanfightclub - 
303 - 

Joe should look into big Al's youth a little more.  He was a tough SOB when he was younger, he didn't get that scar on his face from a shaving accident either.  Yeah the old heavy syphilis ridden capone wouldn't have beat Jesse James, but Jesse never lived long enough to be old and fat either.  Capone died with his boots off, Jesse, not so much.<br type="_moz" />

You think it is more honorable to die of Syphilis than a gunshot betrayal?

Actually he died of a stroke and pneumonia.  Neither are "honorable" but the point is, no one ever was able to get the drop on Al, the same could not be said for Jesse.  I'm not even saying that in a bare knuckle or knife only fight Al would win, but it wouldn't be as lopsided an ass whooping as Rogan is making it sound.

Relytjj - Any link to Rogan's comments on the show?

I think it was during the gomi/florian fight night on spike, Goldberg did a plug for the new season of the show and Rogan chimed in with something to the efffect of; Deadliest Warrior is what happens when you give a 10 year old a production budget, lets see who would win a T-Rex vs something.

It was just a quick comment nothing substantial.

asn - 
Relytjj - Any link to Rogan's comments on the show?

I think it was during the gomi/florian fight night on spike, Goldberg did a plug for the new season of the show and Rogan chimed in with something to the efffect of; Deadliest Warrior is what happens when you give a 10 year old a production budget, lets see who would win a T-Rex vs something.

It was just a quick comment nothing substantial.

Spike must love that Rogan is so supportive of one of its hit shows.

^^^ i thought it was Godzilla vs King Kong?  lol

asn - the thing about that show is it all really depends on which weapons they choose for each fighter and whatever ranking they give it in the computer program. I didn't understand how the stiletto got the edge over the big ass bowie knife, just because you could conceal it.

I caught the episode from this point, on.

I was also pretty surprised it got the edge. Maybe it also had something to do with how easy it was to pierce things, as well as slash them?

And personally, I would've thought the brass knuckles would've beaten the pistol whip, no questions asked.

Genghis Khan would murk any of these dudes.

Set up a tournament bracket, Spike.

TheClips - 
asn - the thing about that show is it all really depends on which weapons they choose for each fighter and whatever ranking they give it in the computer program. I didn't understand how the stiletto got the edge over the big ass bowie knife, just because you could conceal it.

I was also pretty surprised it got the edge. Maybe it also had something to do with how easy it was to pierce things, as well as slash them?

And personally, I would've thought the brass knuckles would've beaten the pistol whip, no questions asked.

the problem I had with the knuckles vs the pistol whip was that the guy doing the pistol whip looked like a fair sized dude and the guy punching with the knuckles was a tiny dude. they should have had one neutral person wield both so the weapon only was measured not the size/strength of the person weilding it.

But also the pistol is heavier and came straight down on the skull.Its weight was optimized.

The brass knux seem to be limited by the angle of the punch,the power of the puncher,and the lightweight of the knux.

bismanfightclub - 
TheClips - 

the problem I had with the knuckles vs the pistol whip was that the guy doing the pistol whip looked like a fair sized dude and the guy punching with the knuckles was a tiny dude. they should have had one neutral person wield both so the weapon only was measured not the size/strength of the person weilding it.

that's a good point. Something like that would just be a test of brute strength and the skinny old guy representing the mafia obviously didn't have any.

It's all about the weapons. James gang had 2 highly accurate firearms, Capone had the tommy gun and for some reason a grenade. Choosing something like a grenade is so over the top that they have to tone it down so it's not that much of a factor so why even include it. Throw 3 grenades in a room and everyone is dead, pretty easy.

TUFF-N-UFF -  Didn't Jesse James pick up whores off of myspace and now reconcile w/his wife?

ha, you win.

voorhees - Jesse James beat Al Capone last night,due to his boys being better shots and simply more skilled fighters.

But they only let Al use one gun(tommy gun) and Jesse had Colts and a Winchester.

I did agree w/the result though.

Especially when considering that 1920s cars were actually SLOWER than horses.

I think it is the best show on TV.

I'm with you on that dude

TheClips - 

I think it had something to do with it being able to "easily slip between the ribs" or something to that effect