AHIDA KIM: VIDEO

looks like a less intimidating Andy Dick.

Kata Dante is deadly.

Im gonna have to try that with a mouse trap.

why did he keep hitting after he ripped the head open?

Yeah, I mean, he'd already gouged out the guys eyes and kneed his balls into his throat. Is any more punishment really needed? Also, I never before realized that ashida kim is all of 80 lbs soaking wet.

Tiger Style, Tiger Style.

Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin to fuck with

Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkx3UWo-k68

Link

lol, that guy behind Kim in the first vid looks pretty sceptical...

<

the portable camera the ref is wearing looks a tad cumbersome...

that ^ was cool

I saw that clip of him fighting the kick-boxer and I was wondering if that was really him. After all, he's wearing a mask and he looks a lot beefier than he does in his interviews. Plus, he moves differently than in a clip which shows him "sparring" with a bunch of other guys (but without the mask).

lol, why does that last vid have a Jean Michel Jarre soundtrack?

i didnt know ninjas did wwf moves...

matty mo trains that way

Nightcrawler,

compare the way he moves in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wibghUhQzHo

with the way he moves in the match against the kickboxer.

And to think I spent all these years wasting my time with Muay Thai and Pankration....DAMMIT!!!!!!

Runs out to buy a small animal trap...

LOL @ the Minblowin gif

You guys may laugh but the Black Dragon Fighting Society founded by Count Dante was no joke back then and they were one of the earliest pioneers of MMA in America. I've read reports about the fights they promoted and they sounded just like the early UFC's. The TMA's were all in an uproar saying these guys were ruining their art.

From wikipedia:

"John Timothy Keehan (Count Dante)...co-promoted America's first full-contact style martial arts tournament on July 28, 1963, and hosted many other such tournaments during the 1960's pairing practitioners of different styles against one another....Keehan was one of the first American sensei to openly accept Blacks, Hispanics, and other non-Asian minorities as students.

Keehan grew disillusioned with conventional karate instruction's focus on ceremony, tradition and protocol over what he felt to be "effectiveness" and began developing his own style that he would promote as "street-effective". Through these efforts, he developed a system that is now known as the Dan-te system, "Dance of Death" or sometimes (ironically, given Keehan's dislike of traditional kata), the Kata-Dante.

Re: Count Dante

According to the bio at www.CountDante.com, Dante stalked Muhummad Ali in an attempt to get a fight with him (why the hell would Ali bother?) and challenged world champions in wrestling and judo. Funny how I don't see exact names there. I have a pretty good idea that Lou Thesz and Gene Lebell were NOT among the people Dante challenged.

On top of that, the part about his audition for a Kung Fu movie was utter bullshit. He didn't get the part because "the camera could not pick up his lightning-fast hands", huh? And what about the numerous injuries to stuntmen that Dante was supposedly responsible for because he didn't pull his punches--how is beating up on people who are leaving themselves open for you supposed to be something to boast about? I had my orbital bone shattered by an actor who didn't pull his punches--that didn't make him tough, just negligent.

Dante sounds like an utter wad to me.