Air Force

Attempting to join the Air Force . Have a significant amount of weight to lose before I see a recruiter . Any tips after weight loss? And any tips on doing well on the asvab ? Also , I have had two knee scopes , one on each knee in high school. I'm now 22. Should I disclose this ? I was told not to by many vets . Thanks OG Phone Post 3.0

Join the Coast Guard its for the cool kids Phone Post 3.0

VladimirPoopin - Attempting to join the Air Force . Have a significant amount of weight to lose before I see a recruiter . Any tips after weight loss? And any tips on doing well on the asvab ? Also , I have had two knee scopes , one on each knee in high school. I'm now 22. Should I disclose this ? I was told not to by many vets . Thanks OG Phone Post 3.0
My son is in the AF and he had bad knees he was worried about. I believe the knee test was dropping from standing to your knees. If you can stand that you're in. I would assume they'd see your scope marks. That's not enough alone to get rejected.
As for the asvab, get a study guide, and study it. I believe that has a strong bearing on what tech schools you can choose from after completing boot camp. Phone Post 3.0

You're not even good enough for the Salvation Army. Phone Post 3.0

If you are worried about the ASVAB, get an ASVAB study book. Also, you can use it to shape your line scores if you are interested in specific jobs/fields.

DiazTappedMeLuckyCharms - Join the Coast Guard its for the cool kids Phone Post 3.0
Who lied to you? Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - You're not even good enough for the Salvation Army. Phone Post 3.0

I joined the KISS Army

Don't lie. Don't hide anything. Don't stress about the ASVAB. It's a basic test. Most people seek security forces, so unless you completely lack mechanical knowledge, the other MOS's aren't exceedingly difficult to enter. Phone Post 3.0

FirstScratch - Don't lie. Don't hide anything. Don't stress about the ASVAB. It's a basic test. Most people seek security forces, so unless you completely lack mechanical knowledge, the other MOS's aren't exceedingly difficult to enter. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not quite interested in security forces for the lack of civilian opportunities other than law enforcement once out . Plus if I go to the sandbox , I would try to be a PJ only. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone know of any Air Force jobs that are in demand Phone Post 3.0

VladimirPoopin - Anyone know of any Air Force jobs that are in demand Phone Post 3.0

Anything with a Top Secret clearance. If you get that, try not to get married.

Lost 102 lbs to join the air force 20 years ago. Worked out every day, quit drinking and reduced calorie intake. Lost the weight in less than a year.

Air Force won't take you with two scoped knees, so.... They will try to freak you out at MEPS by threatening you repeatedly about not disclosing medical issues. You will need to make a personal decision. A doctor will physically examine you. You will be observed doing what is called a duck walk to check your knees. Google it. If you do attempt to join, don't go in open general. Don't sweat the asvab. It is just a basic aptitude test. Phone Post 3.0

I ended up as a JTAC after formerly being a fat slug, so it is possible to drop the pounds and get in shape if you decide to. Phone Post 3.0

DaveFu -
VladimirPoopin - Anyone know of any Air Force jobs that are in demand Phone Post 3.0

Anything with a Top Secret clearance. If you get that, try not to get married.
I will be married prior to joining . I have high goals and am realistic , but if the opportunity to go special ops arises ... I will 100 percent take it , but my weight is too much right now to even consider so I'll cross that bridge once my weight is on par and my physical capabilities are peaked. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, yeah...I was 22 when I joined, too. Was concidered an old man at basic. Phone Post 3.0

DiazTappedMeLuckyCharms - Join the Coast Guard its for the cool kids Phone Post 3.0

I was in the Coast Guard, he should go Air Force 100%.

I don't know all of what requires top secret that isn't special operations but I'm also interested in that as well. Phone Post 3.0

VladimirPoopin - I don't know all of what requires top secret that isn't special operations but I'm also interested in that as well. Phone Post 3.0

Intelligence, communications, cryptography, strike warfare/nukes

Take my word for it...special ops and marriage is not two things that go well together. Phone Post 3.0

JennyCraig - Lost 102 lbs to join the air force 20 years ago. Worked out every day, quit drinking and reduced calorie intake. Lost the weight in less than a year.

Air Force won't take you with two scoped knees, so.... They will try to freak you out at MEPS by threatening you repeatedly about not disclosing medical issues. You will need to make a personal decision. A doctor will physically examine you. You will be observed doing what is called a duck walk to check your knees. Google it. If you do attempt to join, don't go in open general. Don't sweat the asvab. It is just a basic aptitude test. Phone Post 3.0
Two minor scopes they won't take you? That's the first I've heard . I can easily duck walk. No issues. This is not good news . I really want to join the Air Force .

Any one else familiar with scopes and joining the Air Force ? Phone Post 3.0